• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors

I had the telescoping mirrors on our Viper and they were pretty useless. I have the windshield mirrors on my CAT Turbo and very good setup. Much bigger mirrors in an position where you can easily glance and look not obstructed by bars/arms etc.. I never liked looking down at the telescoping mirrors. The telescoping mirrors are so small they just barely give a hint of lights behind you when you can see them. We installed the windshield mirrors on the Viper this year along with the accommodating windshield. Not cheap but mirrors that show a big section of what's behind you and lots of adjustment. The safety factor of the useful bigger mirrors are worth it IMO. I threw the telescoping mirrors out and will plug the holes with black plugs.

Just mounted a mirror system that is perfect. The mirror mounts using the Ram Mount ball and socket system. Found the Advenure Mirror at Adventure Designs which is a motorcycle part supplier and get the Adventure Mirror and then order what size arm and ball mount to the cowling. Easy to adjust and remove

I have the Powermadd mirror setup and there too small for the quality of the mirror optics. You would be lucky to see a light. My dealer installed the telescopic mirrors and where he put them I could only see the back of my glove. This year I plugged the drill holes and moved them. You really need to sit on the sled with gloves on and have someone hold the mirror on the panel to ensure you can see before you start drilling. Years ago I had windshield mirrors on a Cat, there were fairly good. I’m kind of wishing I would have gone this route on my Viper.

When I bought my Viper a few years ago the dealer had an STX on the floor with windshield mirrors like the Cat. Wonder what the part # is as it should be still available. Don't think it is in the accessory catalogue.

When I bought my Viper a few years ago the dealer had an STX on the floor with windshield mirrors like the Cat. Wonder what the part # is as it should be still available. Don't think it is in the accessory catalogue.

Check the Accessories Catalogue. There are 2 medium windshields (medium and medium sport) that accept the mirror kit for your Viper RTX-SE.

Attachments

• SRViper Mirrors.jpeg
    SRViper Mirrors.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 96
I just bought a Sidewinder LTX-DX and added the medium windshield with mirrors to it, and it is by far the best mirror set up I have ever had on a sled. I realize the Sidewinder windshield and Viper windshield are different, but I think the Viper windshield/mirror setup is virtually identical to the Sidewinder setup. Altogether, the windshield and mirror with mounts was right around $200.

How do the mirrors extend? I removed the set screws but can't get them to pull out. Is there something else I should be doing?

Back