• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need some advice on meth injection for my Nypex

MRFUSION

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Custom Built Nypex
2008 Custom Union Bay 980 MM Chassis
I have been running my Nypex for 2 years now and am changing my fuel system to the boost it system this year. I am installing the Boost-it kit and up to this point I was running the Boondocker box with slightly modified injectors and Daves methanol injection kit. I likes using the meth for the obvious reasons like deto control and being able to use use Prem fuel, I also felt that it would keep my header temps down too, a nice feature on a mid mount short header. Problem is once I lower the injector housing down into the intercooler where it needs to be the meth nozzles would be at a 90 degrees from the throttle bodies but would be spraying pretty much against the injector housing. There is no way to aim them at all towards the throttle bodies. I am thinking of ditching the meth injection and because I am now a VP fuel distributor just ramping up my fuel. I usually run around 16psi and might turn it up to 18-20 a couple times but not that often. My engine has Corrillo rods and low comp JE pistons and head studs too. Sorry so long just trying to get all the facts across. Need advice, I know you are trusting your engine to the meth system not ever failing and carrying more fluids everywhere, but this fuel system will add the fuel needed at top end helping with header temp too. Thanx guys let me know. Shad

Back