• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo 847-3 with 170, 130s track and LITE ......I'm next inline......

I was told last night by a guy who knows a guy and that guy knows some other guy
880 2 stroke

I was told last night by a guy who knows a guy and that guy knows some other guy
880 2 stroke
Cat will have that motor but still can't for the life of me see Yamaha bending over and taking a 2 smoke ... They made their decision years ago to differentiate themselves and abandon it in their sleds ... :4STroke:

Ya that's what I said
Two dealers agreed with the 880 motor
One was a Yami dealer and the other was Cat

Yamaha went 4stroke yes but what's changed is the cat group I bet has been stressing the importance of a big 2s today's market.....plus it's common knowledge they(cat) need one.....

Natural to assume they've been pushing yamaha for a stroker since early on in their marriage.....

Remember too kids...,. Yamaha continues to make (and develope) their YZ strokers while the rest of Japan has abandoned theirs.....

After listening the teasers too many times, I'm thinking we are hearing more than one engine.....I hear turbo dump....flatcrank triple.....and a big 2 stroke(especially in the first teaser)

Why do people think Yamaha will build a 2 stroke for cat. If Yamaha builds one it will be a Yamaha. They said that in the partnership video. We are allies in 4stroke world but we are still competitors in the 2stroke market. What 2 stroke market if Yamaha doesn't have one? That means this or next year for the 50th maybe a 2 stroke could and most likely will appear

I dont know if it's been posted before but if the sound of that teaser video was just not the real engine sound it could change all the guessing we had so far. so last knight I dreamed about a super tenere 1200 engine with a turbocharger in the 180 hp range it could really fit the glove and replace the Suzuki 1100t in 2017

how about this juice - Apparently it is an 880 that is a cat two stroke they had been working on for year, but couldn't get the injection down on and yammy took and put there 2stroke DI technology on it and it is now exclusive to them. What does AC get, the right to produce a turbo 1050 with it only being add on for yammy.

Y'all talk pretty much about nothing but engines.....I just hope they get the ergo's right/better on a Vector type sled......the skid too!

Last edited:
I'd be happy with my engine in updated skid. I've upgraded shox & ski's & i'm very happy, but a 10 year skid is .....well a 10 year old skid. DUE for NEW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back