• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was close to getting one myself, got the jacket and then the company collapsed.
I am sure that thing hauls the mail.
It has a very unique feeling to it. I've grown to really enjoy it. When it snows, it's always the one I choose to ride. So i sold my other 4 sleds and added a 2nd Redline to the collection. If Yamaha comes out with something unique I would be interested in trying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after watching and pausing the video for a half hour there is two sleds and two riders in this video. at 24 seconds in you can see the two sleds. fallow the tracks, one is further away from the other. one has a black and yellow helmet and at 27 seconds the second rider has the yamaha jacket on with a blacked out helmet and goggles. from looking at the tracks and what little bit you can see of the sleds, they both have 2 skis at normal ski width.

Many clubs are already banning them on "regular sled trails"... I read somewhere lately that MN did and several local clubs have too... Maybe snow bikes will have their place on the race track only ...

What is the reason behind banning them?

What is the reason behind banning them?
Hold on.... are we talking about the same things. Motorized snowbikes, like a converted MX bike OR those fat tire, eco nazi, holier than thou, turd burglar riding pedal pusher "snow bikes"?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hold on.... are we talking about the same things. Motorized snowbikes, like a converted MX bike OR those fat tire, eco nazi, holier than thou, turd burglar riding pedal pusher "snow bikes"?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
I was referring to motorized snow bikes like the Sno Hawk. I don't see why they would ban those. The others d-bags can ride on the thousands of miles of bike path that we waste our tax money on.

Guys, let's keep this on topic and leave the name calling out of the discussion please.

Thank you

Nobody's guessed the SRX name yet! That's my guess, SRX is coming back!

Agree, and that would be very cool!
First the SRV(iper). Now maybe the SRX(???). If there is a 2-up we will probably see the XLV(iper??).

Anyone betting for a Vmax4 ?? :)

Birkebeiner

It's been said already- it's definitely a cross-plane type engine. That tech anyway.

• upload_2016-2-12_1-50-43.jpeg
    background of the pic of a leak!!!

Last edited:
What if its an all new motor that will spread to other divisions, as the 1049 did this year in watercraft and a 998cc YZX. I just can't make out if it sounds more like the crossplane 4cyl or 3cyl. Might just be a bigger/badder FZ-09 engine with new clutches that can take 10,000rpm! (new clutches, that explains the clutch weight in CRs latest post)

image.jpg

The way this rider is sitting leads me to believe it's crotch rocket style seating on a sled. I think, they've made a bit of a trail slaying monster here...

He's leaned forward, handle bars seem to be down low, looks like his knees are way below his waist...I know when I sit on my viper my knees are almost level with my waist...just a tad below. They definitely blew the competition away with yxz side x side, so I think whatever this sled is it'll be crazy forsure! This is gettin interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back