• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I came back to Yamaha...just for the 4 stroke...I don't care if they are heavier, and don't ride or handle as nice.....my last two cats, and my last two doo's got towed..due to blown engines...You can talk until you are blue in the face about the new two stroke from ski-doo (cat or polaris for that matter)....and you'd never convince me to go back...I ride trails in the upper Midwest, rarely go off trail, and do not powder ride...so having a lightweight two stroke means squat to me. Reliability is most important to me...turn key and go....Yamaha is the best for that...and nobody else has even come close. You will never convince me that a two stroke is a better machine for an older trail veteran or high mileage rider
Could not have said it any better!!!

Here's a pic that CR posted yesterday on his blog with some selected Yamaha dealers from North America and Europe who were fortunate enough to get to ride some of the new sleds:
HappyDealers.jpg

They all seem pretty happy. I can ID two of the culprits (one from MN and one from MI). Can anyone else ID anyone from your area?

I myself will never sacafice quality and reliability of the Yamaha 4 stroke engine over a two stroke.Been there done that rat race ,always wondering in my thoughts when the motor was going to grenade,usually about 2500 miles give or take they usually launched a piston or crank bearing.I no longer ride with those preconceived bad notions with the 4 stroke.Now I ride the distance without those worries.

Kip.

Subaru2006

Here's a pic that CR posted yesterday on his blog with some selected Yamaha dealers from North America and Europe who were fortunate enough to get to ride some of the new sleds:
View attachment 116554
They all seem pretty happy. I can ID two of the culprits (one from MN and one from MI). Can anyone else ID anyone from your area?

i myself think the yamaha motor and mechanics is great, the chassis could be better, so lets hope 2017 will put it all together..but will you guys still want it if its a Arctic cat chassis?

i myself think the yamaha motor and mechanics is great, the chassis could be better, so lets hope 2017 will put it all together..but will you guys still want it if its a Arctic cat chassis?
I am not a big fan of Arctic cat personally,although I do like the chassis ,well balanced and orientated.If it will consist of mostly Yamaha hardware ,I would accept the crossbreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back