• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New M9 yamaha ski

Crewchief47 said:
Some pics for you guys. Didn't have a ruler but I threw my TY hat into one picture for reference. Clickable images!

Thanks Chief! My that ski is HUGE!!!!!! Look at it close and see the shoe tracks on it, they look tiny compared to the ski.

I bet they will work slick in deep powder, but it would be tough to negotiate through tight trees with those monsters!

Mike

Just checked again this morning on YDS, and still none available in any warehouse with no estimated ship date. Sob, sob, sob. I will let you guys know as soon as I know.....
Scott, they still are not in yet!!!!!LOL!!

The hat looks tiny but it does fit over my head, which needs a XXXL HJC helmet. ;)!

The ski looks great and the shot i took of the bottom was while I was holding it there and don't recall thinking, 'wow, this is flimsy' so I think it will prove durable. I also have to believe the test riders have been beating the hell out of this new design, the ones at the show weren't brand new as you can see in the pics. A little bird did tell me that there have been successors to this particular version so they have been riding it enough to develops tweaks.

I guess we'll have to wait for the gosh darn things to get here.....where's that 'twiddle thumbs' smiley.....

Attachments

• P3131508.JPG
    P3131508.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 89
Yamaha, tweek the handle, good looking ski other than the handle.
I'm ok John, with the december release. I wont have time to do anything but wed night rides till january at least. PPD skis are on the way.

They sure look huge, they almost look as if they would even work great on water...LOL.;)!
At least, something new from Yamaha... :Rockon:
Still waiting for the Apex in Phazer- type body, with a 144 track, plus a factory turbo option so I can kick all of these other models azzes...LOL. :o|
Still dreaming and using the old original RX-1M from 05/02, until this tubular bodied Apex weighing 525lbs comes out... :tg:

RX-E

PS. got enough snow to finally sled up here... ice is still moving and is not yet frozen solid.

Last I've read on the new ski is a January release...so it seems to be getting bumped back a couple of times...maybe it'll be out for next season.

I like the looks of the new skis. I'm not sold on the formed in ski loop though. The sharp angles could lead to premature breakage, just like the early C&A handles. I've broken ski loops and it is really nice to be able to just replace the loop and not the whole skis. BUT, if an individual ski was cheap enough, maybe it wouldn't be such a hit on the wallet? I'm bet I'm dreaming there!

The curved down edges on the bottom look like they'd side hill really well. I dig the grippers on the top like the Polaris skis and the rocker shaped bottom should work well. On the other hand, I'm also thinking they could turn out to be really grabby and squirrelly in crusty snow. BUT, lots of skis are in those conditions, some just worse than others. Hard to say until guys get to try them. The additional width will only help to float the front ends of our 4-strokes and that is a very good thing!!

There is now a part number in the Canadian dealer catalog systems that wasn't there before for these.

SMA-23711-00-BK

There is no price associated with them yet, nor do the carbide part numbers (SMA-F3731-10-00 or SMA-F3731-40-00) show up yet.

Back