• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New skid installed! Pics! (*UPDATED*)

Well, Shaun picked up the sled today from the dealer. He painted the green M7 wheels to black. This thing looks freaking awesome! Phantom!

Attachments

• DSCF0068.jpg
    DSCF0068.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF0071.jpg
    DSCF0071.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF0072.jpg
    DSCF0072.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF0074.jpg
    DSCF0074.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 127

At a glance, and I'm hardly an expert here but it seems most of the pics I'm seeing with M7 installed have a longer rear drop bracket. This was one of the best threads on the subject overall;
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=15106

Looking forward to your impressions. Several pics I'm seeing have silver rear springs, are they Ti? Mine are black, likely steel. Did find a good deal on some Fox Zero pros new takeoffs from Troy at RV (they don't look much different than the ACTs). Its killing me stareing at all these parts, and no time to install.

Enjoy, Mark

Looks real good Southfork Sooner, you're going to love it in the deep snow. NOTE - it looks like your rear shock is in the wrong position - check the thread you'll see what I mean on Trxsters sled! I'm confused too, it looks like 1M rails, they have two holes on the front (top) of the rail where the torque arm mounts. Are they 151" rails then? I thought the M7 only came with one hole?

Attachments

• rear shock.jpg
    rear shock.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 87
suspension was installed by yamaha dealer and he said that everything is set for deep snow performance. however though, doo-man, i will bring it to the mechanics attention to see what he thinks

i am heading out on a test ride right now and will have pics and hopefully videos

Thatspec said:
At a glance, and I'm hardly an expert here but it seems most of the pics I'm seeing with M7 installed have a longer rear drop bracket. This was one of the best threads on the subject overall;
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=15106

Looking forward to your impressions. Several pics I'm seeing have silver rear springs, are they Ti? Mine are black, likely steel. Did find a good deal on some Fox Zero pros new takeoffs from Troy at RV (they don't look much different than the ACTs). Its killing me stareing at all these parts, and no time to install.

Enjoy, Mark

Yeah, Trxster's is really long on the rear bracket. The guy at the dealer set the springs to stiff at first to break them in, though I dont think that is necessary since its used. When my brother gets back from the ride he will let me know and we can probably follow the spring settings that Trxster used in that thread. So do you guys think its not really an M7 skid?

Agree that rear shock is in the wrong position, needs to be on the top side of those wheels. Should be an interesting ride, hopefully nothing bends, at least you are off the hook if it does. Now it makes sense why the suspension looked so compressed. Nothing to do with the drop brackets.

Doo_man, I just found a pic of an '05 141 M7 skid in a mag, and it only has one hole. My 153 M7 has two holes, don't know why.

It is definitely in the wrong place. Look how compressed it is! I need to replace one of those inside wheels beside the shock on mine. I started to pull the bolt out and their was alot of tension on it. Just shoved it back through for now. What's the best way to release tension on this? Unbolt spring blocks? Looks good though! Enjoy.

Aaron

The reason that the rear drop bracket is so short is because it is the stock tunnel extension so it hangs very low compared to one like trxsters.

I've got quite a few pics, some 141" 153" and 162" rails. Some have 2 holes some have one. I think the first generation rails might have been simular to the old rails and must have changed design later? I dunno?

Doo_man, you got me curious about those front lower mounting holes. Looking around I can't find any pics of any M6, or M7s that have two holes except here on this board;
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
Even looking in some OEM AC parts pages, if one were to buy replacement rails for any size M7 skid, they would have one hole. All M1 rails seem to have three holes. I remember Frosty refering to his skid as a 'prototype', so I wonder if all these skids we are getting straight out of the AC factory via RV are just that. Are we lucky or unlucky? Also remember him having to machine his Holz torque arm brackets (which aren't required, but I want 'em) to fit possibly because of the two hole proto.

Frosty??

Southfork, keep us posted on how things are working. Its pretty cold here (by NW standards), and I won't go outside again until we get some new snow, or it warms up a little ;^)

Shaun just told me that they had about 3 1/2 feet of new snow, it was bottomless. He went with one of our friends that has an RT 1000 and he got stuck on a downhill - thats how deep it was. Everyone thinks mine would have been stuck if it still had the 151, he doesnt think he would have made it to the park off the trail with that old track. I cant wait to ride!

the track in this position does trench quite a bit, but you hit a hill and it just goes and goes and goes. i'm the guy that will find the flattest spot to get to the deep stuff. i will avoid hills at all costs just because im worried about not making it up. Not today. I was hitting any hill i could and realizing that full throttle was not needed. Right off the side of the trail my friend with the RT 1000 was coming close to getting stuck and i was coming even closer. I can say 100000000 percent for sure the 151 would not have made it to the park. The park is 7 miles up the trail and the snow on the trail was VERY deep. The ONLY complaint i have is that the track trenches too much at low speeds. If i slowed down in deep stuff i would not be making it out and would need a pull. once i got going the trench wasnt all that bad.

On a hill, this thing rips. on the inclines i was on today i have done on the 151 in less snow than this and at full throttle i was almost stuck. With the 162 i can work the throttle and not have to go full throttle up the hill. The flotation is amazing. My mark was only about 15 feet from a Polaris Vertical Escape 800 159's mark.

i really love it. 400 dollar skid, 200 dollar track, 600 dollars and it runs like a new sled.

Back