• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New skid installed! Pics! (*UPDATED*)

Trxster said:
Sounds good. I would say it sounds very similar to mine. SoCo, are you gonna get a real tunnel extension on that sled?? It is a shame to have that Yamaha drop down tunnel with such a beautiful skid.

Rt

I agree - besides it would be a good way to kill a few hours this spring/summer!

definitely will add tunnel extensions to both sleds over the summer. There are only a few rides left this year so i just left it

i got to try the Ekholm out today and oh my god. I was doing stuff i would never dream of doing with the 151. i was actually boondocking while climbing a hill and not worrying about getting stuck. i hit drifts while going uphill and got some air and the landing was soft as ever, thanks to the large amount of travel. The best thing, when i landed i could keep going without making a huge trench and struggling to keep going.

In the pic, the hill looks tiny. It looks tiny even when you are right next to it but once i hit it i was about to crap my pants. it is really steep at the top, and add that to about 2 feet of sugar snow and it is a hard climb. I took the shot at the very left side. Straight up, skis out of the snow. The sled climbs like mad. I pulls so hard. I was hitting any hill i could today. The snow was bottomless in some spots and i was just pulling right up the hills. This skid transfers the weight so well. If you dont hold on the skis will lift right up and throw you off. The track did me great today. No complaints about it.

I am just so excited. the skid is so sweet and the sled climbs like a mother. i have a feeling that it would climb with a 900 RMK 151 or maybe 159 and definitely an 800 159.

THe other sleds in the pics are 2 turbo RX-1's. The one with the blue apex seat and the mesh hood is a bender rear mount with a holz 162. That sled belongs to the Yamaha mechanic that did the work on my sled, and the one with the motocross seat and the clear hood is the mechanics brother who owns a yamaha dealer. its a Boondocker side mount with an m7 skid and 162 track. That side mount is sweet. You can hear the turbo spooling over the exhaust of 2 sleds running wide open. He taps the throttle on flat land in deep snow and it just wheelies.

Attachments

• DSCF0103.JPG
    DSCF0103.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF0101.JPG
    DSCF0101.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF0105.JPG
    DSCF0105.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF0102.JPG
    DSCF0102.JPG