• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro for trail riding

yamakazie

Pro
I'm contemplating what I should buy for next year. I ride mostly in western NY where the trails get a little bumpy. Sometimes really bumpy. I do alot of long rides (150 to 200 miles) and I want to be comfortable for the long haul but still be able to perform in the bumps. Next year my riding buds will have new 800 Etec skidoo's.
I posted another thread on the general talk about Nytro vs. Apex and the majority said the Nyrto will wear you out and is uncomfortable for the long trail ride. They actually steered me toward the Vector LTX GT saying it does OK in the bumps but is comfy for the all day ride. I want to know what you Nytro riders think. Thanks for the help!!!

I ride the Hill and Speculator. If you get the Nytro set up for yourself, its fine on the trails. 80% of my riding this year was moguls and the sled took it like a champ. You know how the trails are here, you ride 30 miles of hell to get to 20 miles of sweetness. Most every trip we did was 170+ miles.

My buddies ETEC, fell apart and constantly overheated.

Search the site and you'll get a good idea what you have to do. Your first thing should be new skis though, the Yamaha ones suck.

If you do get a Nytro get the RTX or XTX.

I will say, these sleds take a lot of tweaking but once set up they are fun. As for flat trails, the sled is very comfortable for me. You may want to invest in a middle heigth windshield though. The one that comes on it, they should jsut take of because it does nothing.

No problem riding the Nytro 10-12hrs a day for me. Some days are 200-250 miles in the UP of MI. Trails are smooth in the morning and rough in the evening.

I ride WNY as well as the hill, so I'm aware of the trail conditions you speak of. Mileage for me is typically 110-140 per ride, with no issues at all. Rides are only short b/c of family and/or work. I could easily 150+ rides, and I literally stand 80% of the time.

sd5500 said:
I ride WNY as well as the hill, so I'm aware of the trail conditions you speak of. Mileage for me is typically 110-140 per ride, with no issues at all. Rides are only short b/c of family and/or work. I could easily 150+ rides, and I literally stand 80% of the time.
I sit pretty much all the time. Maybe 5% standing. I guess when I get in medium to big bumps I do stand for them. Is it still comfy in a sitting position for long rides?

yamakazie said:
sd5500 said:
I sit pretty much all the time. Maybe 5% standing. I guess when I get in medium to big bumps I do stand for them. Is it still comfy in a sitting position for long rides?

Very Much soooo.
I came off a rev and I found that comfortable. But this sled has a way better riders position (sitting or standing).
I am over 6' tall if that helps you any!
I do stand 75% of the time, but either way for me it is GOOD!
Handles bumps like it is nobodies business and the sled pulls hard. When i first tried it out, it took me by surprise and the sled almost came out of my hands!

That's why I bought mine...all I do is trail ride 100%...this is a comfortable sled. I am also 6ft and the sit to stand is perfect for me however I will be putting an OFT steering post relocator on next season...but the riding position is perfect for trail riding.

I have no problem riding the Nytro for long trail rides, it is actually my favorite sled I have ever ridden. However, I like interactive riding and move around a lot. Sit, stand, hang off the side... this sled reacts well to rider input. I liken it to being part of the sled rather to riding on a sled. If you want to just cruise and be less interactive in the handling of the sled, the apex or the vector would be better choices.

The Nytro is a great trail sled if you set it up right. I use my FX as a groomed trail sled and could not be happier with it. The rider position is better for me then the Apex/Vector. Loosen up the front and rear suspensions some, throw on a set of Deuce bars and blaze on....

ride

I have an 06 apex and an 09 Nytro. I can ride either sled for 300 plus miles in a day. I love the nytro in any type of conditions except real loose snow. Apex gets hard at the end of the day in the real twistys. Also depends who im riding with. If im flying Ill take the apex,things a little slower nytro. All I did to my nytro was put dullies on it and brought up the limiter strap one hole. I love it for the long haul.Shane

the new apex se 2011 rides and handels great the power steering and the mega fox shock is awesome. I rode all the 2011 I would buy that one. I own a xtx and love it but the apex now has the 128 track also and rides great.

Back