• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro leaking oil...

snopro24

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
Brought my sled in the garage and overnight there was a small puddle of motor oil on the battery side. It doesn't look like its coming from the chaincase rather than the bottom of the pan. Any direction? Thoughts? I haven't taken it apart yet but am hoping that it's something minor...thanks in advance for any direction!

Check the obvious first, tank drain bolt, pan drain bolt, oil filter, make sure they are snug. Did you lay it on its side lately? Also, I would have a good look at the oil tank, there have been reports of the mount area cracking and possibly leaking from there. Enough of a problem that someone already makes an aftermarket heavy duty tank for the Nytro.

It's a common problem for the Nytro oil tanks to crack.Someone makes an aftermarket one.I believe oft sells them.

Do a search, been covered a million times. Most common cause is oil in the air box from the engine vent tube. The airbox is open on the bottom and then the oil runs down the motor and drips on the floor. Take lid off airbox, remove filter and screen and check for oil in box. Wipe out oil, reassemble, check fluid and enjoy. If the oil is over filled the slightest bit this will happen.

Ok thanks. Oil hasn't been changed since last year and it hasn't been tipped on its side but the sled does have a rollover valve. Thanks for the tips guys. I will be tearing into it on Monday.

Could be pushing out the breather into the air box and dripping out the bottom and running down the front of the engine onto skid plate out on ground

Can overfilling the tank cause it to totally leak out or do I have bigger issues

Back