• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro MTX in central Colorado Monday and Tuesday

rideblue

Expert
Website
www.mountaintechbv.com
I will have a Nytro MTX at my shop Monday and Tuesday, March 19 and 20. If anyone in the area would like to check it out, let me know what day or time. Normally closed on monday, but will open up if enough people will come.
Also going to try to get a digital hanging scale and find out what wet weight is. Sled looks like it is closer to what production sled may be.
Have it at my house now, and there are some changes over the one from the dealer and consumer show in Denver. Just what I can see at a quick glance.
1. handelbars and riser
2. tunnel braces
3. rear drop brackets

Attachments

• MTX2.JPG
    MTX2.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 165
  • MTX3.JPG
    MTX3.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 141
  • MTX4.JPG
    MTX4.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 144

Could you measure the center to center distance on the front ski shocks(fully extended and compressed). Interested to know my Fox floats from the Attak will bolt up or are they shorter or longer? Thanks :Rockon:

Yeah, I would be interested to know if the Phazer GYTR Clickers would bolt on the FX Nytro MTX. I like the Nitro MTX, but think the shock packages are kinda lame. Would like to have the same high quality stuff as the RTX with the longer track.

Thanks,

Steve

Please take a pictures of the WET weight and the amount of gas in it, if not full !!!!

Thanks!

The Nytro MTX weighed 564 out of the crate and 608 full of gas. The only liquid that is missing is the electrolite for the battery, add 2 lbs for that. It is a non-reverse MTX. This was 18 lbs lighter than our MCXpress mountain lite and 83 lbs lighter than the vector se. All sleds were as full of gas as we could get and all fluids were checked and topped off as needed.

i will post pix when i get home tonight.

Here are pix from the Nytro MTX weight. I am happy that the wet weight is that close to 600. Would be nice to see it under 600 out of the box. A simple battery swap would do that though.
Final spec production weights may vary from these some.
The blue mtx come with or without rev.
Sorry, I did not have time to measure shock length.
Wish i could get some 2 stroke guys to put their stuff on a scale wet! They all seem to gravitate to dry weight cuz it sounds lighter.

Attachments

• MTXWT2.JPG
    MTXWT2.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 138
  • MTXWT3.JPG
    MTXWT3.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 157
  • MTXWT4.JPG
    MTXWT4.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 149
  • VECTORSEWT2.JPG
    VECTORSEWT2.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 161
  • APEXSEWT1.JPG
    APEXSEWT1.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 197
Thanks rideblue, hopefully the production units will weight the same (or lighter would be cool). Good to see that it is that close to 600 lbs. Like you, I was hoping to see it 600lbs or slightly below.
Shave 40 lbs off of it with some aftermarket stuff, and your right there, or even lighter then most 2 strokes! ;)!

What do you guys think a boosted Nytro will weigh in at.

MC Xpress Turbo
162 x 16 track

Add 20 lbs?

Looks like I can get my boosted Apex within 45 lbs of a boosted nytro with extended track.

I spent a couple of hours tonight checking out the Nytro MTX at the Traverse City Show. This thing looks pretty well built, the a-arms are completly different then the Apex's... so it looks like the bushings wearing out early may not be a factor on this chassis. With the left side panel removed I could easily get my hands on the spark plugs, also the anti-freeze overflow bottle is easily accessable in the nose area. To me this chassis looks to be much, much , much easier to pull maintainence because everything is more accessable. This alone is a major "PLUS" in my book. Pretty cool sled, this may be my ride for 08', but in the Anniversary colors for sure! Oh yea, sure wish that there was more storage area, looks to be only a bag in the nosecone void. The total length from ski tip to the rear bumper measures 129". Also the front shocks fully extended with front end hanging measure. Hyfax measures near or at 60", with 6 idler wheels in the skid.

on the canadian website reverse is standard on the mtx or the 40th version..610 wet is fine in my books,add es to a 07 summit 800 and its 600lbs wet..ill be doing an exhaust,battery and front end..so possibly taking 20-30 lbs off..

Wish i could get some 2 stroke guys to put their stuff on a scale wet! They all seem to gravitate to dry weight cuz it sounds lighter.[/quote]

not here to bash ive been gathering info as im going to buy one of the 08 nytros.would like to know what the easy way to get weight off is. my 07 800 2 stroke is 564 pounds wet with tools, spare belt, day pack with shovel, and belly pan protector. light weight can is only mod, i also have a calibrated scale in my garage. do you think 550 wet is possible with the nytro with a lot of titanium parts. would also know if any of you have relocated your battery to the rear of the machine, to get some of the weight off of the front

If the exhaust weighs anything like the phazer(which I'm sure its more) you can loose 15lbs real fast..
the phazer exhaust I think is around 20lbs... (don't have a scale but its in my truck)

The sled I weighed didnt come with reverse and has a full VIN on the tunnel. Yamaha has not told us that the mtx will come only with reverse. Dont think yamaha would ship a unit to my district manager if it was not correct. For now i am assuming the mtx w/o reverse is in the lineup untill i hear otherwise.
There is going to be at least 30 easy lbs or so to loose between exhaust and battery. The battery is mounted above the chain case so the weight is not out in front of the engine like the rx, apex and vector.
Seat seems fairly light, so not too much there. Not much weight in the hood or headlight either.
550 might be doable with the right parts and enough $?
Yamaha did a great job on this sled!

Back