• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro MTX in central Colorado Monday and Tuesday

thnx for the pics,gonna have to call yamaha canada to find out about reverse,i just went back on the cdn web site and it says reverse is standard?

DITCHBANGER said:
thnx for the pics,gonna have to call yamaha canada to find out about reverse,i just went back on the cdn web site and it says reverse is standard?
UPDATE: looks the reverse is Standard Equipment on the 40th Anniversay Edition, and is an option on the Std Blue color scheme. At least that is what I've been told this morning!

Sorry RideBlue, I did not intend to hyjack your thread, or imply that you were incorrect in anyway. Thanks for all the solid info, this type of infomation is hard to get on any new model. ;)!

RideBlue,

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

So the wet weight for the Nytro MTX with reverse
should be around 620 pounds!

My guess was 615-620. Pretty close!

My only complaint regarding this sled are almost no storage space and the small tank (and no way to carry extra gas)! :o|

But this Nytro MTX is sure a very nice sled! :jump:

Thanks again!

Errol

errol said:
RideBlue,
My only complaint regarding this sled are almost no storage space and the small tank (and no way to carry extra gas)! :o|

They already have a rack you can buy to mount onto the Nytro. Problem solved. :)

SilentSno,

Really ?!?!?

Where did you see that ???

Thanks!

They had them on display at the Yamaha booth in West Yellowstone during the World Snowmobile Expo.

:)

rideblue are the a-arms steel,they are on the vector.could be a fair bit of weight there & with fox floats -4.5lbs battery -5lbs exaust-10-15lbs,rear skid is the big one all parts are more than likely steel so you could loose 20-28lbs there but is pricy.if you realy want to go crazy i can see alot of 1-3lb parts you can get rid of & the steel tube frame could be replaced with cromo for a little more.under 500lbs dry would be fairly easy if you want to spend the money.my vector is 538 with coolant & oil so what yammi has done is realy impressive but i think they could do better namly those crappy steel shocks in the rear.

The a-arms are steel and yes there is some weight to be lost if a person wants to spend the $ on a bunch of 1-3 lbs parts like you say.
I rode the sled some this weekend at a demo event. Very impressive in the trees! Light handling like the phazer but twice the power.
Ran it against some ski-doo 800Rs, apex and dragon 700. On the flats, 800s would pull it out of the hole and then the nytro would reel them in after about 100 yards or so and then drive right by and keep going. The dragon was not even close to any of the others. That was with guys that were 40 lbs lighter than me on the doos and dragon. Would also pull away from an apex for the first 300-400 yards. It was right with them on hills too.
Most people who demo rode were very impressed with the nytro, even the doo guys, who gave us the most crap out of everyone!

MTX Nytro weight

We are working turbo kits as well as exhaust system that will be stainless and aluminum muffler.
We rode with turbo installed the last time and sure makes Apex and vector seem like a big pigs in the trees.
We were very impressed with how it handle in spring snow.

Thanks for the wealth of information everybody.

I haven't decided if I'm upgrading for this season, but I've narrowed it down to the Nytro MTX and the Summit.

I am very pleased that the MTX has an optional hitch.

Yellowknife said:
Thanks for the wealth of information everybody.

I haven't decided if I'm upgrading for this season, but I've narrowed it down to the Nytro MTX and the Summit.

I am very pleased that the MTX has an optional hitch.
Yelowknife you have got it pegged, either should do for you, what you need a sled to do! Just don't forget about those Rotax problems, that we both delt with. That being said....I really hope that Doo addressed it's engine problems, they have too good of a deep snow chassis, not to. IMO, they can't afford to chase away any more customers because of their own denial!

Back