• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Offset Timing Key Opinion???

alaskanbowtie said:
Yeah Freddie , that's what I want to buy upgrades for. What are your suggestiions,products for the 07' line of Apex's , for performance upgrades.
PM me if you'd like THX

Bowtie and mnmsmowbeast, I am doing some dyno testing this week on a fuel injected Attak. I will post result in the fuel injected part of the forum on this website.

Freddie

Oops! That makes sense. I knew it had to turn something.

What about this "Air Gap"? Is it super critical? How do you measure it?

Will pulling more RPM be the only way I'd know if moving the pickup made a diffference?

Frosty

Frostbite said:
I did the "slot the pickup" mod today. I haven't got to ride yet but I have hopes for a few more RPMs.
I used my dewalt with a sanding disc to sand off the "bosses" that align the pickup. I had a large rag over the magneto assembly so no dust got into it.
Then I used a small rotary file in my Dewalt to slot the holes. It worked fine.
I was freaked out by a couple things.

1. When I pulled the flywheel cover off a large sprocket and pin fell to the floor. I figured out where it went but I wasn't expecting that. It was the camshaft sprocket.
2. Nobody said anything about draining your oil first. I ended up draining my oil tank and when the cover came off some oil came out so have a pan ready.

I didn't tear the gasket but used a new one with Yamabond just to make sure it doesn't leak.

Now this "air gap" mentioned earlier. I wish I would have know what this gap was supposed to be so I could ensure I'm ok. I know I'm close but how close is close enough on something like that?

Well, at least I'm done.

Frosty

OH yea I forgot about that :D Drain the case or what I did was put a floor jack under the right side of the sled and jack it up at an angle.Makes It easier to work on and the gear didnt fall out.

Frostbite said:
Are they any updates on this modification?

I still need to try my sled out. I ran out of winter last season.

Frosty

None Frosty so far at least. I am waiting for the 4 Power Commanders to arrive from Dynojet. The Power Commnaders will make every other fuel injection tuning device obsolete.

Freddie

Freddie, power commanders aren't anything new are they? In my motorcycle magazines they have been talking about them for years. They do sound very cool. To be able to change your fuel mapping with your laptop is very exciting.

Frosty

can someone post pics of this, I was about to buy the hauck key but would rather do this for free

Kyle

Back