• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinion on MCX Phazer turbo??

MRFUSION

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Custom Built Nypex
2008 Custom Union Bay 980 MM Chassis
Okay I got a turbo Phazer cheap that I am rebuilding for my wife here and it has the MCX kit on it. I was wondering on leaving the head shim out to retain the bottom end and running low boost, maybe 6 or 7 psi?? Has anyone done this? We do it all the time with our 180 kits for our Nytros but just wonering how this would work? Thoughts?

I will check it out. I will keep the intercooler so that will help keep the charge temps down. Would be a nice combo with stock comp and a little kick in the #*$&@ on top end.

I think you are playing with fire here. The phazer motor comes from an mx background and is substantially higher strung and less forgiving than virtually every other 4 stroke snowmobile engine out there. The MCX kit uses a smaller 14t turbo and is actually quite responsive. These are a different ball game than the nytro and apex which can go for tens of thousands of kms boosted with little to no issues. I think even with the lower boost levels you will just be shortening the life of that little thumper for little to no gain. Cheers!

LL

Back