• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picked up my 4 wheel kit

We can run the 8 inch Cat wheels if anyone wanted them. It would be cheaper to do so. We find the 8.5 work better. Larson says they cause uneven hyfax wear. I'v sold a 1000 or more times more wheel kits than anyone and I have not had one customer say they have uneven wear. What I do hear is the customer saying the hyfax wear is gone in the rear of the skid.
So who makes your bearings? They are 6205 right?

So who makes your bearings? They are 6205 right?
6205 2rs. Same as cat uses. Sometimes there from Poland and sometimes from China. No one uses a quality name brand bearing because they cost 5 times as much. The china bearings are big, work good and last long time.

I have not seen a 3wheel '19 axle setup yet closely....Id like to see one, and wonder if it will do ok over time?

Dan
It looks good except for the wheels and bearings. 6205 bearings is the key to any wheel lasting and the manufacturers know it but want to sell sleds so...

It looks good except for the wheels and bearings. 6205 bearings is the key to any wheel lasting and the manufacturers know it but want to sell sleds so...
No rubber on wheels correct? Also looks like idlers may have NO rubber. Interested to see if they will get beat up(inners) from stud heads like my inner idlers did.

Yea no rubber. Did you find any bent studs or backers?
I do have a couple with slight bends(not really bad though at all)

I think its those darn quite bumps, I did not like how each stud sunk differently from the next, depending on where it sat on bump. I think next season I will get a new(NON cat) track without the bumps, if I stay with the winder a 3rd season. I really should with the damn price of these baby's now.

BTW outer idlers(no studs) look new.

Dan

I think its those darn quite bumps, I did not like how each stud sunk differently from the next, depending on where it sat on bump. I think next season I will get a new(NON cat) track without the bumps, if I stay with the winder a 3rd season. I really should with the damn price of these baby's now.

Dan
Same here. Even slight bend in stud or backer will take out those inner front two. One crazy ride has haunted me with this issue. Just keep replacing suspect studs and backers till problem goes away. It will but can be costly.

Dan
Ever notice that is also the only place the slides wear? Is on mine. It comes from track bunching up at speed. Wicked pressure there. Very noticably reduced when running track real tight. I may suck my limiter straps up another hole and live with the reduced suspensionand transfer.

I will say, all my sleds with studs up middle, idlers dont last. Even the doos which have idlers that typically last a ton of miles. When i ran ice attak tracks for a few seasons, idlers all mint.

Could be the GD's head too, its cupped.

Dan

The new wheesl do have rubber on the small ones. I bought a dozen since there $13.00 ea. They do look like a nice wheel??? They are not 5.63 but are 5.50. The smaller diameter will help them last. The new rear wheel set up is much better than before with a one piece solid 25 mm axle but Cat still cheaps out on the bearings and only 3 wheels. I dont think the rear wheels will last with studs. On a side note I got 2000 miles on my 2018 137 SW with no visible wear to the small wheels. I even have some of my Woody's double backers bent causing the tips of the two studs to tip towards each other. Will replace all my backers with stud boys this season.

The new wheesl do have rubber on the small ones. I bought a dozen since there $13.00 ea. They do look like a nice wheel??? They are not 5.63 but are 5.50. The smaller diameter will help them last. The new rear wheel set up is much better than before with a one piece solid 25 mm axle but Cat still cheaps out on the bearings and only 3 wheels. I dont think the rear wheels will last with studs. On a side note I got 2000 miles on my 2018 137 SW with no visible wear to the small wheels. I even have some of my Woody's double backers bent causing the tips of the two studs to tip towards each other. Will replace all my backers with stud boys this season.
Studboys double backers is what I used. They bent too.

oversized wheel where rear of skid doesn't drag on rear of slides being a negative..thats interesting...

Off topic but just wanted to let you know, I Grabbed some thick washers for rear axle bolts, so they dont bend. Ill post some pics when I get it all back together brother.

Dan

Back