• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POLL: What Skis are you running?

What Skis are you running on your Sidewinder?

• Stock- Tuner III Skis with stock carbides

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Tuner III Skis with more aggressive carbides

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Arctic Cat Skis

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • C&A Skis

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Curve Skis

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Slydog Skis

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Ski-doo Pilot Skis

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other Aftermarket Brand

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • PART 2: I changed skis before trying other carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • PART 2: I changed skis after trying different carbides on the Tuner III.

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

I voted Arctic Cat skis. I am running 2016 Viper MTX skis with semi-agressive snow trackers. I did not need to ride the Tuners. A buddy has Tuner IIs on his '13 Apex SE and I know they push hard. Mainly I want floatation and snow trackers and the Tuner III keel design makes no sense to me. I have heard the new '17 MTX ski works well and that would be cheap but I doubt you can find them unless a takeoff. If I wasn't trying to be cheap I probably would have ordered white Curves.
Are the semi aggressive enough? I am thinking the C&A Pro Crossovers with snow trackers. I like the lower profile of the semi aggressive but wonder if enough. The Aggressive on my 08 Apex were amazing.

Are the semi aggressive enough? I am thinking the C&A Pro Crossovers with snow trackers. I like the lower profile of the semi aggressive but wonder if enough. The Aggressive on my 08 Apex were amazing.
I really can't say yet. Not enough riding but steering is precise not heavy at all. Main concern so far would be understeer or pushing in soft snow.

slp mohawks with 9'' shaper bars i also have 192 studs

slp mohawks with 9'' shaper bars i also have 192 studs
It says your on a LTX-SE. If possible could you PM me or post where you have your shocks set at.. Like all four of them. What setting on the spring blocks in back? I have SLT skis/w 7.5 shapers and 192 studs and could barely turn the handle bars

Thanks

It says your on a LTX-SE. If possible could you PM me or post where you have your shocks set at.. Like all four of them. What setting on the spring blocks in back? I have SLT skis/w 7.5 shapers and 192 studs and could barely turn the handle bars

Thanks
I took my blocks out I turned my front shocks loosened them all the way and then gave them two clicks. I'm going to also tighten my center shock about 3/4 of a inch and see if that takes some ski pressure off the front. I also set my torsion blocks on medium. It whole different sled major difference with the Mohawks way better.

I took my blocks out I turned my front shocks loosened them all the way and then gave them two clicks. I'm going to also tighten my center shock about 3/4 of a inch and see if that takes some ski pressure off the front. I also set my torsion blocks on medium. It whole different sled major difference with the Mohawks way better.
Thanks! Major ski pressure on these things.. Not sure how your turning 9" shapers! You must work out!!! LOL
You loosened your front ALL THE way and then two clicks.. Not sure I follow.. You on a LTX - SE?

Thanks! Major ski pressure on these things.. Not sure how your turning 9" shapers! You must work out!!! LOL
You loosened your front ALL THE way and then two clicks.. Not sure I follow.. You on a LTX - SE?
Yes I loosened them all the way then two clicks. I was doing the voice thing on my phone and sent it before I read it.

How do you mount the Pilot ski's to the SW?

How are the pilot 6.9's getting mounted?
Which ski rubber Yamaha or ski doo?
Do you need to shorten ski bushing?

How are the pilot 6.9's getting mounted?
Which ski rubber Yamaha or ski doo?
Do you need to shorten ski bushing?
stk. bolts ,stk. rubbers ,grind a little off the front and back of the stk. rubber ,with a grinder ,a little. on the bottom of the stk rubber grind them so they''re flat as you''ll see on the outside of them there's alittle extra rubber .After you have the bottom of the rubber flat grand a little notch in the center on the out sides so it fits over the little plastic thing sticking up in the ski .use 6" shapers in the middle and 4" round bars outside .Enjoy ,it will make the front feel like a 2 stk.now.you also need to remove the bushing in the ski and put them back in from the outside .

Curve s.5kis, 6" curve carbide, stock rubbers. 192 1.5 inch INS hornet studs. Stock settings so far on front. Rear Torsions on 1, Rear shock 1, Transfer blocks out, Mid shock spring tightened up, ( Cant remember measurement) Compression ON 2, Sled is railing in corners now. Light ski pressure, ride is awesome!

Back