• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power band and RPM

Snowaddict

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX-LE
TWITTER
mstahl88
Curious as to what the optimal RPM is on a sidewinder? Seems there's lots of variation in max RPMs here. There must be some actual noted power band. Hoping tuners can chime in on this with where they make peak performance.

Wonder this the same? Just adding turbo dynamics max spool 17 and wonder what target top rpm is? Up graded bov,dalton weights,super quit exhaust and cai. Itching to ride this rocket but don’t want to over rev!!

Thanks guy!! Old triple guy. Always ran and loved triples but these four stroke turbos are new to me! Feels like a Mad Max machine!!! Love it!

8800-9000 , check your intake tube clamps before and after couple hundred miles

8750 stock peak rpm,boosted sleds may be a tad higher.

Just had mine Dyno’d...Hurricane SM Flash Bundle installed, and the peak power for all 3 of my Tunes was 8700 RPM; Once past that the power drops off.

Same with stock tune..8700 was where it made the most power stock.

10-4 thanks. Is that a on going thing?
If you have a boost gauge it's easy to track , but mine was running in the 16 psig range for the first 170-200 mile range , then it dropped off into the 15 range . Went through all connections on the boosted side , the one coming off the turbo was loose . Pressures back into the 16.5 to 16.9. Your boost pressure is more important than whether your sled rpm is running 8700 or if it's 8900 .

Last edited:
Sounds like another thing to get! Any surgestions on a good one?

If you flash it should be on your dash, it changes over your hr meter

They should give you some info on these flashes. I spent over $1400 on a flash and extras and not one piece of info on it. Not even a sticker! Lol. Thanks for the info I have yet to try this set up. Trails open here December 15th can’t wait

If you have a boost gauge it's easy to track , but mine was running in the 16 psig range for the first 170-200 mile range , then it dropped off into the 15 range . Went through all connections on the boosted side , the one coming off the turbo was loose . Pressures back into the 16.5 to 16.9. Your boost pressure is more important than whether your sled rpm is running 8700 or if it's 8900 .
what tune was running 16.5 to 16.9

Also if you have a TS BOV check your banjo nut on bottom,they have had a problem with a couple,remove bot and install red locker on threds.

Back