• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pre-season service.

207nytro

Pro
Thinking about bringing in our nytro for a pre-season service to get it checked out. Does anyone know exactly what they do during the pre season service? Is there a specific checklist? Thanks.

I was just going to post this exact question. Can't wait for snow!

I have the service manual downloaded on my computer and in the manual it has a periodic maintenance section but under that section there is checking valve clearance and other more complicated longer procedures. Our dealer told us about 200 for the pre season checkup.
Anyone on here work for a yamaha dealer?

Only reason I brought the sled in to dealer was for the first service after break in. I will do my own maintenance now. Changing the oil is pretty easy. Chain tension is easy. Track tension is easy. There isn't much that is hard for maintenance for the Nytro.

Im just after doing mine, Change the oil and filter, check the suspension bearings, bushings, hyfax etc ( i remove mine every year). I always remove the seals in the track shaft and drive shaft and grease them.Never lost a bearing because i do this this every year. Drain the chain oil (check tension) and check the front end for slop in the bushings, ski runners etc. I also check the clutchs and brake pads. Wore a brake pad completly out last season for some strange reason and would of caused me some riding time because our dealer was out of stock. If your feeling up to removing some parts check your exhaust gaskets and change the plugs while your in there. Im sure theres more, This is just what i do to avoid having some major issues during the winter.

Back