• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Project Mid Mount Vector

kinger said:
Sounds like waste gate flutter to me. Sounds real nice and very quiet, is it?

It is actually decently quiet. It is louder than a stock sled but probally not louder than some of the aftermarket cans I have heard on 800 skidoos.

It was sitting idling on a trailer next to a 09 xp with a mbrp can and I could not here the yamadoo over the ski doo really.

jetting

dilligaf said:
I see you have this listed on craigslist (atleast I assume its you). Suprised your selling it, seems like the ultimate setup.

Everything is for sale for a price, except my wife, daughter and dog.

Really though I don't think I would actually sell it I am testing the waters. I had my mind made up that I wanted to buy a 2010 nytro with a yamaha installed supercharger with warranty and the whole shebang. but In hindsight I really just need to take the time to get the jetting perfect on the yamadoo and enjoy it. It is such a pain to change the jetting though.

Have loved following this build... the engineering and fabrication skills you have put to use are very impressive. I do understand where you are coming from with the Nytro though. The last project sled I built got sold shortly after completion. I know you aren't necessarily WANTING to sell it, but I feel where you're coming from. As cool as a fully modded sled is, it's always going to be a lot of work, even after it's done, to keep it running tip-top. Tuning and wrenching is fun for a while, but sooner or later, you just wanna go ride. Something to be said for a turn-key sled like the boosted nytro you mentioned.... regardless of what ends up happening, my hat's off to you for building such a sick machine. Just wish I had the time to do something similar :)

I got the sled working again. Turns out I had an issue with the intercooler pushing up on the carbs and actually wrecked the carb to head boots. I have them replaced now and It works well again. boost is at 11lbs and it comes uncorked like I want it to. Feels real nice! Puts a big smile on my face. . . . Now I need to find some place to ride. We don't have much good snow left here.

What..... no snow. gotta move to norway. we got a lot, and no warm weather is sight.

rxrider said:
What..... no snow. gotta move to norway. we got a lot, and no warm weather is sight.

We had a week of 30-50 degree weather. Before that we had been having one of the best winters we have had for years he in mn.

Today we got 8 inches or so of wet snow. I was out in it a little and it just spin down to the rock hard ice snow that is underneath from the warm weather.

I hope to get out west again this year. Maybe for a 3 day weekend. Hopefully. . . . The wife okays this.

Too bad about the lack of snow, but good deal on finding the problem with the carb boots.

Hope you'll have a great ride out west. We had a blast last week in Northern Maine :), friday rained away tho, no sledding :-(

Hahahahaha you just gotta have a new project going, don't ya. I'm familiar with the need for boost, especially MORE boost LOL

rxrider said:
Hahahahaha you just gotta have a new project going, don't ya. I'm familiar with the need for boost, especially MORE boost LOL

I am thinking the new project may be a NEW sled. I think cat is going to have something interesting with factory boost. I would be pumped to have a factory sled with 180hp to start out with and eventually boomdocker will have a box to turn it up, and make 250 or so with the push of a button.

I am getting old, I like to spend time with the wife and my child, I think that a new sled is the responsible thing to do.

But If I was to sell if to do a new project it would def be a nypex.

Sled is for sale for $9500 now.

So I think i have everything perfect now. I figured out what I was fighting out west last trip out.

I have the pitot tube setup how powderlites does it now and I am pretty sure that they don't need to be jetted to change elevations.

For a little added safety i built a inline bleeder valve to try if I need just a little more. I need to be as lean as possible off Idle and through the mid range, I think this little guy will do it.

Attachments

• 0309010956.jpg
    0309010956.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 181
Nice piece of work, that'll do. Now I want one as well.

Back