• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Qs3r models

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
What years and models came with the qs3r?

2017-2018 ltz se and the zr 9000rr. Did the 2019's come with them or did they switch to iqs?

2017 & 2018 LTX-LE for Yamaha models were Kashima coated QS3R Fox shocks. Also the Cat 9000RR, not sure of the years on the Cat but I thought it was one year only on them possibly 2017 only.

Not sure if the longer tracked LE's possibly came with them too?

I think the new 22 ltx le comes with them again.

Thats awesome, Best shocks out there. I know they did away with them for a while there.

My brother's 19 9000rr has the qs3r on it

Yes but I believe the cats didn’t put it on all 4. Think the center shock is a regular fox.
Correct. The RR and X-RC got the regular QS-3 1.5 kashima coated shock on the front skid arm. The RR had a slightly softer tender spring rate 140lb RR---170lb X-RC.

So the ole LE's with all four kashima r shocks is pretty darn awesome compared to a watered down cat rr then.

So the ole LE's with all four kashima r shocks is pretty darn awesome compared to a watered down cat rr then.
The Cat RR has all four kashimas. Plus upgraded cross shaft, rotor etc that all the sidewinder guys want. Its too bad last year for the 9000RR was 2019. It was the best yamacat out there!

Thank you for the clarification i'm definitely not a cat guru

Yep. Like KnappAttack mentioned the Kashima coated QS3R shocks are pretty hard to beat.

I've got them on this '18 LTX-LE (with SRX dual rate front springs) and you can tell a difference. They just don't seem to fade out when ridden hard.

SX-R3.jpg

Last edited:
The Cat RR has all four kashimas. Plus upgraded cross shaft, rotor etc that all the sidewinder guys want. Its too bad last year for the 9000RR was 2019. It was the best yamacat out there!
We didn’t get good cross shaft but did get the good rotor.

After having a 21 srx with the fox iQ electric shocks and running the 22 LE with Qs3R shocks . I will be ordering the srx IQ suspension if I have the choice. The front shocks on the srx work better … might be because of the dual rate spring s on the front of the srx . Then add the adjustment on the fly just plain works …. After you figure out to control it while riding down the trail, I used it all the time & you actually feel the difference.

Back