• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

running up against a new POO

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
Anybody run against a new Poo yet? Almost 160 hp in lite chassis. I can take 12 Poo & 12 Doo, but this one seems like I might be looking at my first tail light in years. Any input?

Talking with the sledhead 24/7 guys they told me all three of the 800's are so close its almost a wash. Maybe that might give you a broader sense of how it should perform. I have heard the Poo's come out of the hole hard. I think they have transferred some of their snowcross race machine technology into the 800. It has a real light crank so it spools up quickly.

I don't know about the 2016s...but I raced a 2015 Pro-S Switch back with my 2011 XTX...He would get me by 1-2 sled length's out of the hole...but I would catch him and and go by around 80-90 mph...they are real quick...but it seemed to lack top end..the guy riding it wasn't very happy that I could reel him in...but again...they are quick off the line

I only have 61 miles on it(horrible winter here) but I love it so far. Rides great and handles great. 600 motor is impressive but not as strong as my Nytro I traded. Before I ordered it I had a lot of ppl say it's just as strong as the Nytro motor but it's not. It's a lot of fun and easy to throw around. I'm still a Yamaha guy but I'm going to stick with Polaris and the axys until Yamaha comes out with something I actually want again

image.jpeg
I love the color

I only have 61 miles on it(horrible winter here) but I love it so far. Rides great and handles great. 600 motor is impressive but not as strong as my Nytro I traded. Before I ordered it I had a lot of ppl say it's just as strong as the Nytro motor but it's not. It's a lot of fun and easy to throw around. I'm still a Yamaha guy but I'm going to stick with Polaris and the axys until Yamaha comes out with something I actually want again

My boss has a 1 year old ZR6000 Limited. He is a die hard cat guy. He rode the 600 Axys and absolutely loved it. He said the motor wasn't as strong as his cat though. Then he rode the 800 and he keeps saying he will be on one next season. This coming from a 50 year old man that has rode cats his whole life. He said the machine handles and rides incredible.

That it does. I've read that the 600 cat is real strong, strongest of the 600s. I'm tempted to trade mine and snowcheck an 800 switchback depending on what they come out with. Plus Polaris has the golden ticket promotion for anyone trading a 16 for a 17 which is $1000 more on top of trade price. I dunno, on the fence still. Either way the axys is pretty awesome

I've ridden his 600 cat. It is very strong. I was really surprised. I liked it so much that I would likely chose that motor over the 3 cyl. Yamaha in the same chassis. It is much lighter and is almost as strong IMO.

Can't blame ya there.

I've been diehard Yamaha my whole life. I have Yamaha everything but I rode a 15 800 switchback axys late last season and loved it and said "so long Yamaha".

Well when I first put it on I didn't think the cables were long enough but I just kept working them and taking slack wherever I could get it and seems fine.

I like that color also, and the 600's have been solid. I have a polaris buddy that had a 600, tried 2 800s (ka-boom and ka-boom) and is back to a 15' 600 Assualt. If Polaris would toss that ~105-110hp 4 stroke out of the RZR into a switchback I'd have to strongly consider it as my next sled.

Back