• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

running up against a new POO

I just got back from the UP of Michigan to today. Yesterday I got to spend a little time riding and racing a new Poo 800 AXYS. I thought it rode really nice, was super light feeling, took the bumps and road approaches like butter. The motor felt really strong too, plenty of power to make most folks happy IMHO. I also got to line it up with my 2007 Attak GT for a few drags. I was on my machine and my buddy drove the Poo. We ran 'em off for about 1/4 mile. Each time the Poo would get me out of the hole but to my surprise my Attak would square it up momentarily at around the 100-200 foot mark but keep on marching by. I had a decisive lead by the end of the run. I have it clutched real well and a Ripsaw II track. Not a knock on the Poo, really nice machine all around but the way mine is running I'd say it's going to take a pretty strong 800 to beat me. For the record mine was also stronger than my friends 2011 Apex XTX which is also clutched and and has a better track on it than the stock Ripsaw.

I have always heard these Apex motors just keep getting stronger with miles. Mine now has 14,363 miles while my friends 2011 only has around 1600 miles. Maybe there is some truth in that theory.

Was the Axys a Pro X?? if so they are only geared to do about 90ish if it has the 1.75 track, so that woulds explain the out for the hole and then you blowing by. Not knocking your sled obviously, but the Pro S will have longer legs. My 600 Pro S just off of break-in mode hit 90 this weekend, it still had more to go I believe too. I have to say its pretty peppy for a 600, but in repeated races against my nytro it was no contest..

Was the Axys a Pro X?? if so they are only geared to do about 90ish if it has the 1.75 track, so that woulds explain the out for the hole and then you blowing by. Not knocking your sled obviously, but the Pro S will have longer legs. My 600 Pro S just off of break-in mode hit 90 this weekend, it still had more to go I believe too. I have to say its pretty peppy for a 600, but in repeated races against my nytro it was no contest..

Pro-S version, not the deep lug track model. Mine is clutched with arguably the best clutch kit out there for my sled. Plus my primary clutch sheaves are re-faced which makes the belt grab really hard. I also have the Ripsaw II which is much better than the stock Ripsaw.

I will say this, after driving the new Poo I was impressed by the feel of the power. When I got off it and my buddy jumped back on the Poo and wanted to line up with me I thought I might get beat. I was surprised I reeled him in that quickly and powered by, but my buddy keeps saying this about my Attak......your sled feels viscous!!

Last edited:

Back