• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder BTX vs Renegade 850 etec

Ken, I completely understand your background & I've got Total respect for you.

Jmho.....You're completely bias. 100%!!! plenty of times you've overstated your opinion on DT.

You really should be over there helping out Jamie in the "850 issues" thread. Maybe you guys could start a new "2018" thread to get things going.

What I don't understand is why he still owns his SW. Every chance he gets he is bashing it and making fun of it. I wouldn't own anything I didn't like why would I? It's not like I'm stuck with my SW and I can't buy something else. I don't bash the 850 because I don't know that much about it I do however bash 2 strokes because I'm done with them. The only thing I know about the 850 is my SW crushes it in a 1000 ft race. The funny thing is the SW is huge news over on DT and there are a few guys who keep starting threads about it and then they blame the SW owners for responding to their gibberish. They talk about TY like its inferior but there is very little talk about the 850 here and none of the childish behavior .

They enjoy baiting us in. Then we give an opinion, thread turns into b.s. lol! Got to hand it to them.....

Ken, I completely understand your background & I've got Total respect for you.

Jmho.....You're completely bias. 100%!!! plenty of times you've overstated your opinion on DT.

You really should be over there helping out Jamie in the "850 issues" thread. Maybe you guys could start a new "2018" thread to get things going.
What I don't understand is why he still owns his SW. Every chance he gets he is bashing it and making fun of it. I wouldn't own anything I didn't like why would I? It's not like I'm stuck with my SW and I can't buy something else. I don't bash the 850 because I don't know that much about it I do however bash 2 strokes because I'm done with them. The only thing I know about the 850 is my SW crushes it in a 1000 ft race. The funny thing is the SW is huge news over on DT and there are a few guys who keep starting threads about it and then they blame the SW owners for responding to their gibberish. They talk about TY like its inferior but there is very little talk about the 850 here and none of the childish behavior .
WHY,Because it's easy to get you and JT going .It's only a toy .You 2 bite everytime .LOL Relax and Enjoy .

WHY,Because it's easy to get you and JT going .It's only a toy .You 2 bite everytime .LOL Relax and Enjoy .
I'm all for having fun Ken and I bust balls with the best of them but every time I respond on a SW thread (that I never started) I get bad responses from the mods yet those who start the thread and do all the bashing don't get anything. Why not leave the SW alone and stop starting threads about them? The really funny part is most of the threads make the SW look awesome. How about the last one that shows the SW crushing every other sled in performance? You can't find that info here on TY but it was there on DT. You would have thought that TY would have a post about it and guys bragging but nope. Maybe they are more mature here? Probably because you know you have to be old (mature) to buy a 4 stroke.

I'm all for having fun Ken and I bust balls with the best of them but every time I respond on a SW thread (that I never started) I get bad responses from the mods yet those who start the thread and do all the bashing don't get anything. Why not leave the SW alone and stop starting threads about them? The really funny part is most of the threads make the SW look awesome. How about the last one that shows the SW crushing every other sled in performance? You can't find that info here on TY but it was there on DT. You would have thought that TY would have a post about it and guys bragging but nope. Maybe they are more mature here? Probably because you know you have to be old (mature) to buy a 4 stroke.
JOE,there is a tread here in the gen section .Look up heavy .I'' be keeping my sw just to boost up and play with .

Dear krm aka Ken, I don't mind you "breaking balls" or "busting chops" trying to rile guys up, but if your 'Winder is still getting beat by your 850, you may want to get that 'Winder checked out at dealer. Cuz i can vouch for the TITLE OF THIS POST.......i ran 2 850's this weekend...same results as this post stated....wasn't even a race

Sounds about right for the 850, but somethings up with the winder. I reached triple digits in any condition I rode this season within seconds. I initially was running 144 1.450 studs then added another 48 for 192. You need traction for these beasts

Last edited:
Just stock I do not have a compare. But winder @ eco tune and turbo force it was even worth my time(20 sled lengths at 100 mph and still pulling away). Even out of the hole it was not remotely close. But in all fairness it shouldn't be.. 250 hp. to a 165 850?? I was actually surprised how bad it was out of the hole. As everyone was saying the winder was a bit doggy down low. I never rode the 850 but damn did it shake at idle. reminded me of the Cat 800 Susie .. Not a big deal just something I noticed. And its not like you idle them all day long.

Just stock I do not have a compare. But winder @ eco tune and turbo force it was even worth my time(20 sled lengths at 100 mph and still pulling away). Even out of the hole it was not remotely close. But in all fairness it shouldn't be.. 250 hp. to a 165 850?? I was actually surprised how bad it was out of the hole. As everyone was saying the winder was a bit doggy down low. I never rode the 850 but damn did it shake at idle. reminded me of the Cat 800 Susie .. Not a big deal just something I noticed. And its not like you idle them all day long.
I think it's pretty fair if you consider the HP to weight ratio and the snappy response of NA , versus some turbo lag down low.

Back