• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Factory Knock Sensor

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
This is all the info I could find on it. I have not heard of anyone seeing the code or whether or not the code appears if the Protections the Knock Sensor provides are employed. Those running stock can and a tune should have seen the knock sensor employed if run for any amount of time with a tune based on 1100 cat. Anyone see anything or feel anything?
Knock Sensor3.jpg
Knock Sensor2.jpg
Knock Sensor.jpg

Good info cannondale... would be interested to know if anyone has experienced that code yet. i certainly have not.
also not sure why/how a flash from any of the players out there would disable this feature seeing how vital it is to the engine.

Good info cannondale... would be interested to know if anyone has experienced that code yet. i certainly have not.
also not sure why/how a flash from any of the players out there would disable this feature seeing how vital it is to the engine.
Nobody has said that anyone disabled it. What was said was that it doesn't work from the factory. I cannot fathom that. Cat 1100 it worked and I know my Phazer which has one it has engaged but it took some real junk gas. If no one has seen it yet then I have no doubt its not working. Like I said on cat 1100 with tune and stock can any long run knock sensor would be employed. There are some running with stock can and tune. If that sensor isn't working they would never know they could be damaging the engine. Bad gas etc. same thing.

I've had mine pull back on long pull up gogebic went from 8900 rpm to 8400 but intake temps were also 120+ not sure if it was knock or high intake temps but my cousins NA nytro passed me it wasn't cool I always run 91 now I have cat grille and run amsoil octane boost and haven't had that happen since.

There is a knock sensor yes. There is code for it. But the Ecu does not do anything with the frequency readings. We actually have a working knock light based on knock retard. But it won't light up if the Ecu does not detect the frequency and analyse it, it will not retard timing. We are working on activating the function. Will be ready before next season imo.
The good thing is that motor does not knock easily. 265hp powertrail ran on all fuels and all kinds of conditions. But I'm careful with the higher power ones like max 17

www.turbodynamics.ca

We induced a forced knock on the engine during testing of the knock light. As I ran the engine under severe knock conditions the sensor displayed no change in value ,reading from the ecu
What about from the sensor? Is it possible the factory found it unreliable and just disabled it at the ECU? That could be changed easily if it can be made reliable.

Gives yamaha a good excuse to get them all back in for an ECU update for the knock sensor with the added bonus of placing a tracer in there for boost pressure to tell who is running aftermarket flashes when/if they grenade! How brilliant of them!

Gives yamaha a good excuse to get them all back in for an ECU update for the knock sensor with the added bonus of placing a tracer in there for boost pressure to tell who is running aftermarket flashes when/if they grenade! How brilliant of them!
The tracers are there already. Whether they use them is up to them.

Back