• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Helix

This is what I want to know.....the 35° stock helix acts like a 42° helix because of the roller clutch. Will the angles you buy react the same on the rollers being more free movement?

If I were to guess on angles....I would suggest a 39° straight for the most....but give me a reverse angle helix 36/40° to really tear some $hit up.
Looks like 35/39 degree is available. Is that close enough to test with ?

Ok I will bite what is a reverse helix ?

Its basically a helix that starts shallow and then finishes with more angle.. Usually they start with more angle then get shallower so to speak. Or they are the same angle all the way through. >straight 38 degree

If your slipping like greased lightening on top end like this guys clutch. See marks on top of sheave? That higher finish angle should help with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 152
Thanks, looks like that one was slipping almost bottom to top. LOL
So is it meant to give you more squeeze on top end ?

LOL that's my clutch before secondary machining. Off set was barely within spec.. It was on the LOW side of spec.. Added 1mm washer

Last edited:
Ok I had a 45/41 on my Viper. Thought that was a dual angle or is that considered a reverse angle ?

Reverse is when the second number is HIGHER then the first.
Your 45/41 starts at a 45 degree angle as it shifts out it drops to a 41 degree. So a sharper angle to a lesser angle as you go from 0-100 mph.. Others will chime in if I have this incorrect or have not done a good job explaining.

ALSO that Viper had a button clutch not a roller so the helix has more angle then say a stock sidewinder helix.. The roller secondary has less friction then a button. Rollers roll more freely on the helix "angles"

Last edited:
Gotchya the numbers are reversed. I was just trying to figure out where the reverse angle comes into play. Thanks.

Well. My rpms are strong on take off and mid, then drop when I get up top.

That being said I'm going to try a 37/33 helix so it slows the shift up top and hopefully maintain rpm

Well. My rpms are strong aff take off and mid, then drop when I get up top.

That being said I'm going to try a 37/33 helix so it slows the shift up top and should be able to maintain rpm
When you try it let us know !

Well. My rpms are strong on take off and mid, then drop when I get up top.

That being said I'm going to try a 37/33 helix so it slows the shift up top and hopefully maintain rpm
Interested to here what your does with that helix.. What clutch weights you running with that helix?

Interested to here what your does with that helix.. What clutch weights you running with that helix?

It should maintain a more consistent rpm if it's like any other sled I have clutched but we will c

Stock weights right now. Have some qay66 weights on order from dalton but will try the new helix and cat rollers first before I switch out the weights.

Back