• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Luggage

Thank you for all the info!!

For my own sanity, and confirmation, there is no way to run 2X19+3L bags AND a fuel caddy is there?

I keep thinking the 21L wont be large enough for my 4 day excursions but i do need the extra fuel. Plus i hate wearing with a backpack :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The sidewinder 137 tunnel is 2 1/2 inches shorter than the viper 137. It is not possible to have the stackable 15L; 4Gal fuel caddy and a bag on behind it. It is possible on a Viper 137. Here is a pic of a doo seat bag that works great with the stackable fuel caddy and bag.

linq with combo bag.JPG

Also a pic on caddy and bag combo that will not fit the Winder. notice how far back bag is.

linq no fit.JPG

linq combo yamaha.JPG

linq combo yamaha 2.JPG

Don, what about a MT seat on a SW? I like the look of those seats without the rear "tail", are those shorter overall?

Dan

Hey Dan,

I don't believe it would work with the mountain seat either. The Fuel caddy is right to the seat pan/ Fuel tank. The MT seat itself is shorter but not the Fuel tank.

I got a Extra winder here for ya. Are you going to be able to handle looking at Yami Tail lights this season. LOL

Hey Dan,

I don't believe it would work with the mountain seat either. The Fuel caddy is right to the seat pan/ Fuel tank. The MT seat itself is shorter but not the Fuel tank.

I got a Extra winder here for ya. Are you going to be able to handle looking at Yami Tail lights this season. LOL

Grrrrr...dont tempt me bud! I have been near your shop several times the past few months and its been VERY hard to not stop in! As I know id be sooo tempted! I was wondering if you got a 129" at all? Id like to see that. Any idea on a shock upgrade on a SE to Qs3s?

I want to see how good my 1200 works this yr with the goods now, but as you can see Its hard for me to stay away from TY now!

lol

Dan

Grrrrr...dont tempt me bud! I have been near your shop several times the past few months and its been VERY hard to not stop in! As I know id be sooo tempted! I was wondering if you got a 129" at all? Id like to see that. Any idea on a shock upgrade on a SE to Qs3s?

I want to see how good my 1200 works this yr with the goods now, but as you can see Its hard for me to stay away from TY now!

lol

Dan

Hi Dan,

You and I both know with the money you spent on upgrades on your Doo you could be at 75-100hp more on a winder. Lol.
If Yami ever gets me parts diagrams for the winders I let you know what the shock upgrades would cost. I believe I have a extra 129LE winder coming in thats available.

Hi Dan,

You and I both know with the money you spent on upgrades on your Doo you could be at 75-100hp more on a winder. Lol.
If Yami ever gets me parts diagrams for the winders I let you know what the shock upgrades would cost. I believe I have a extra 129LE winder coming in thats available.
Not really....I got 1100 bucks into the 1200 now in goodies including the pb80 clutch, others with same have dyno'd at 155hp. So I should be content for a season or two i hope? I love the handling of the xs and Rmo cant be beat for comfort.

For me to trade up to a SW would have cost me 4k at least Im guessing,so that was just not gonna happen after only getting 1150 miles on the first season of my 2016 1200xs.

But....holy moly, you might have a 129" LE coming??....you're killing me here! lol

Dan

Last edited:
Any idea how many Ltrs the power keg bag holds - thier website is down, heard it's about 30ltr. Trying to decide between it and the brp linq system (19lts+3 for each bag).

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I just installed the sidewinder expandable tunnel bag, (which instructions clearly state it's a Viper bag, btw) and I can easily fit a Roto-pak 1 gallon gas can, with a lot of room to spare. I tried the roto 2 gallon can, and it fit.....although the cap is a tight fit. Perhaps not as glamorous as the Linq stuff, or powder keg....it's sure a lot less bulky and odd looking. But that's just my personal preference.

Hopefully, my pictures are not too grainy. It's an old iPad!

I'm not exactly sure what the foam insert really does....it doesn't fit exactly right. I'm guessing for the back end?
Notice the foam base, and straps inside.
Hopefully this helps someone like myself, who isn't familiar with Viper gear.

Q. Arrius

Back