• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sidewinder primary rollers broke???

is there someone tried the thunder product primary rollers yet? are they better?

I had a roller that wouldn't turn. The bushing inside the roller was not pressed in all the way. Put roller in vice....pressed it flush and issue fixed!!!

It will come out again. Keep an eye on it. Only a matter of time

If you go to the parts finder you'll see a lot of updated parts marked in red

is there someone tried the thunder product primary rollers yet? are they better?

@shagman, myself and a bunch of others are running Thunder Products rollers. Have been for awhile cause we knew found out way early that the stock rollers were not holding up. Not one issue with Thunder Products rollers and they are still like new.

Yep better. I’m running on viper 6000 or so miles and sidewinder 700-800 miles. All good so far. I’m running the 14.8mm ones in both sleds.

Do you take a little more weight with the slightly larger size?

I drove 2,400 km. Today I started to carry out maintenance. I removed one of the primary rollers and saw that the sleeve was worn out. I want to install all the primary clutch rollers from turbo dynamics at 14.8 mm. Do I need to change something in the settings?
Sidewinder B-TX LE 153 2020 model year.
Screenshot_20220403_194727.jpgScreenshot_20220403_194703.jpg

I drove 2,400 km. Today I started to carry out maintenance. I removed one of the primary rollers and saw that the sleeve was worn out. I want to install all the primary clutch rollers from turbo dynamics at 14.8 mm. Do I need to change something in the settings?
Sidewinder B-TX LE 153 2020 model year.
View attachment 167705View attachment 167706
No, just install.

Just keep buying rollers....
Or switch to a apex, vector or nytro primary.
Ton of info on here about these rollers.

Last edited:
If your roller has worn right through the bushing, be sure the pin surface isn't damaged.
I'm finding most Winders stock, and up to 250HP can get close to 5-6000 miles on the original rollers.
I've switched to the GForce, I like that they are wider with the nylon washer from the former Yamaha clutch. They also cost less than the Yamaha roller.
I haven't accumulated enough miles yet on the Gforce to see if they last longer.
I'm scratching my head as to why Yamaha would make room for a wider roller, but instead completely waste it with a wide washer(there was nothing wrong with the thinner washers).
If Yamaha made the same roller, but wider they would for sure last longer IMO.

If your roller has worn right through the bushing, be sure the pin surface isn't damaged.
I checked all the fonts, they are fine, I didn't notice any damage.
There is also wear on other bushings, but less.

Maybe add some grease to the bushings? Do need to lubricate the variator at all? Or only purging with compressed air?

Back