• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter replacement

dixopr

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
VK pro 11
Nytro mtx 08
Any one pulled a starter off a vk professional 2010 era machine? Pretty sure mine pooped the bag. Looks like a terrible job. Any advice would ve appreciated.

You can the replace the starter without removing the engine or letting the exhaust go! Remove the engine mounts bolts, take out the breather box, battery box and support, pull the radiator out to one side, once that,s done remove the oil filter then the starter and pull it out the oil filter access hole, it's tight but it will come out then install in reverse! Just did my father's pro, done in about 2.5 hrs. Cheers ! By the way royal distributing sells the same starter for less than half the price of what the dealers are selling them for!

Wow that's great. I was looking at it and wondering if that was possible. Buddy did his nytro without pulling the engine and it was about a 3 hr job too. I'll get to it this summer. Just waiting on parts. I found a cheaper starter too. Cheers.

PD

Well finally got around to pulling the old starter and putting the new one in. Still a crap job but got it done. I didn't move my rad at all but pulled the break and clutch off. So yeah, carbs forward all comes out, including the battery basket. flipped it on its side and through the oil filter you can just reach the bolts holding the starter in. Have not got the old gal out yet because end of the night fuel wasn't flowing out the fuel pumps, not sure whats up with that.

Yeah started are a pain that's for sure. I replaced one in my nytro last winter and it was has a half day job. A lot of parts had to come off in order to move the engine far enough forward for it to fall out the bottom.

Having a strange issue now. The fuel pumps (vacuum - carb) don't push fuel through the outlet. Fuel goes into the fuel pumps from the tank, the crankcase is pulling vacuum. The pumps are clean, I pulled them apart, the diaphragm is good, spring is good. I pressurized the fuel tank with compressed air. Just can't get fuel out of the pumps. Any insights from anyone?

Cheers

Got the fuel pumps working again, just needed lots of vacuum. Filled carb bowls and used starting fluid to get it sucking then hooked up the fuel lines. Something is up with this machine, I'm wondering if the carbs are out of sinc, it goes into high idle then when it comes down, it has a hanging idle.

Back