• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summertime Mods...................................

how is the kit for trail riding? does it throw the bars too far forward for comfortable trail rides?
I only hit the mtns 2-3 times a year the rest is trails/lakes and taking the kids out with me.

OK - here we go guys?

Yamaboy:

I garner a lot of knowledge and ideas from people on this site and others like it. I think that is why these sites exist. I apologize to anyone who believes I have "stolen" their ideas. Generally, I think people on these sites are, like me, gratified when someone uses and idea that they post.

So - here we go guys...keep the ideas flowing and I'll do the same. Oh - and Yamaboy - if you have any ideas to share please do so.

SnomadTT

Culvert:

I have a 6" riser on mine and have them rotated a bit forward. It works for trail riding but is set tall enough to stand. With a shorter riser and or pulled back bars it would be fine for trails and lakes. Essentially what the kit does is mimick an Apex bar position.

Bigcountry:

The kit cost be about $200. I went with a pivot riser so had another $40 for the new riser. Installation is straight forward. You have to pull the cowl and tank, remove a heat shield, reinstall the steerinl linkage and trim the cowl and hood for the position of the new steering post.

no i wasn't trying to be negative to this site i was curious if you did because kachess is like my nieghbor and he shared ideas and he is the one that got me on to the ton so i was just curious because it is one of those mods that yamaha should of done themselves.

p.s. i like the idea going from one person to like hundreds of people on this site.

I made the hood myself. I used flat aluminum stock to make the frame and wrapped it with pet-proof window screen. I stitched the screen fabric with 30 pound test ice fishing line.

It was very time consuming - but worth it. I have less than $40 in the hood.

snomadtt i see that u changed the skis on your sled and it looks like you went with the new yamahas was that for the flotation on the front end or what??

I put Simmon's Gen II skis on for more floatation up front.

I am not sure I like them though...they are wide and seem to make it harder to pull the sled over onto its side.

yah i guy we ride with had simmons on his sled and he could'nt carve realy good his sled had the best flotation but on the trails and stuff his was darting all over so we swtiched to slp powder pros

Frosty, am concerned about the clearance to fit the 2.5" did you get any luck to put the track on and see how it fit ?

I got my Wildchild Steering bent after several rollover last spring, but you can't go wrong with it.

And dont put the Speedo on the handlebar if you can, ive done it but am not really happy for the reading, to hard to read there when standing up.

Tundra, nope I haven't even put my sled together yet. I have been focusing fishing, riding and tweaking on my new Wolverine 450 4x4, shooting my bow getting ready for archery season and riding my BMW F650 on the gravel backroads.

I plan to get everything put back together on my RX-1 pretty soon. I'm waiting for a crappy looking day to do it but I haven't seen one in months.

I have heard the track fits very tightly on the top of the tunnel. The guys at Outlaw Motorsports actually trim the center paddles down a bit for better clearance. I will of course try it without trimming and I plan to port the track with 2 1 1/8" holes in each track center belt.

I'm hoping my rail extensions are long enough to accomodate the 162" track. I had roughly 3 to 3 1/2" of travel left with the 159" track so I should be ok.

Thanks for the speedo on the handlebar tip with the Wildchild kit.

It's geeting cooler. Although it's supposed to be 93 degrees tomorrow. Yesterday morning I saw 34 degrees on the digital thermometer in the morning before work. I love this time of the year. We get temperature swings from 40 to 50 degrees a day.

Take care guys

Frosty

Thanks

I'm sure we will have some clearance issue on the top of the tunnel. i got sume rubbing on my 2" Ø exhaust pipe. But that not the part that make me wonder how, its the front cooler. And youre going 16 inch wide ? or 15, i have doubt about the ability of the motor to spin properly the 162 x 16 x 2.5 inch. Im already built in the suspension department for the 16inch. I will do custum extension for the 162 vs 151, its will be a huge track to spin, 151 will look like a small sample of track.

:-o

Back