• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suomi Finland Perkele: SR Viper XTX to a boosted MTX

Awesome thread! You're head and cam photos really helped me with my build. Did you use a cam jig to set your timing back?

Thanks! It's good to hear that this thread has helped someone's build.

I didn't use a cam jig but I calculated the difference on distance between cam wheel bolt and nearest lightening hole what distance should be when the cam wheel has rotated 0,85mm compared to stock (measured from the seam of cam wheel and cam shaft as the MCX installation instructions says). After that I grind the bolt hole oval, put bolt on and measured distance with a caliper from bolt to lightening hole and again grind and measured and grind and..... so on... until I saw right numbers on the caliper. Hope you understood my Finglish explanation?

Awesome work Jabakanada!

Thanks! It's good to hear that this thread has helped someone's build.

I didn't use a cam jig but I calculated the difference on distance between cam wheel bolt and nearest lightening hole what distance should be when the cam wheel has rotated 0,85mm compared to stock (measured from the seam of cam wheel and cam shaft as the MCX installation instructions says). After that I grind the bolt hole oval, put bolt on and measured distance with a caliper from bolt to lightening hole and again grind and measured and grind and..... so on... until I saw right numbers on the caliper. Hope you understood my Finglish explanation?
Understood perfectly, thank you!

I ordered an anti stabb wheel kit from Country Cat because last winter I noticed some loud ratling from track when I rode on deep snow. I think the rail tried to pierce the track.

0db57ead2c81e369c39705ca748413bb.jpg
614dc58a549f7a71bf35b91e7076673e.jpg

Very easy install. Just took off old plastic parts and had to drill bolt holes with 8mm drill bit. After that just put on the anti stabb kit.

9115e181bb21de5801aa28d91f2aae1e.jpg
316b7bc96d0e655a3d0fd7fa56ced7e1.jpg

Spamming goes on again....

I bought a second hand M1100T AC mountain seat from ebay. Fitment was no 100% success because the seat is little bit shorter than MTX Viper seat. Had to fabricate new mounting bracket for the seat and relocate some electrical stuff under the seat.
01f714b28534d289744cb735451d4582.jpg

Another thing I modified was that big MCX air filter cone I pulled out earlier for cold air intake. Local turbo shop called Proboost (they are developing their own turbo kit for Viper as well) fabficated new smaller cone with angle for my sled.
929b294ee07eeb76a4becc40ad1cfe27.jpg
954fb0d4a36400e33e9cd751235cfc1e.jpg

Last edited:
Good job! I did it with my Nytro 190 hp, but the ability now has a problem and I can not decide. my sleigh ride badly. I sharpened only on the camshaft gear inlet. exhaust shaft left as is. put three stock shims under the cylinder head. It is necessary to sharpen the two gears on the camshafts?

Back