• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taller Riser?

RxThunder

Expert
My 06 Apex Gt has the stock riser on it, I have a friend with what I believe is the mountain riser on an Apex GT, it looks the same just taller, who may want to down size. Has anyone done this switch? Can you run all the same cables/wires while jumping up to the taller riser? The other sled has hand warmer issues and I have rewired mine and they work great so I would only want to swap risers.

On a stock apex, there is usually enough cable and wiring for at least 3 more inches of riser over stock. You just need to measure the difference to see if it will work for you. If not you can always put on a set of mountain throttle cable, brake cable and brake line.

Plenty of room for the MTN riser. I put one on & it still wasn't enough for me to stand without hunching (6' 3") so I sold it to a friend.

I added a 6" Powermadd stacked on top of my stocker (whatever stock height is, 3"??) and it is at the limit. Throttle & brake cables barely have slack at full bar lock L & R. I bypassed the TORS, otherwise I knew it would pose an issue.

Worst part was ordering special metric bolts from Fastenall. $8 each!!! :o|

Easy install. You can avoid the TORS issues by running the throttle cable under the bar instead of over the bar.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 06 GT and RTX may have had a slightly shorter stock riser than the 07 and above. All of them are much more than 3" though (smile)

As stated above, you can go another 2.5-3" without issue and a the cable reroute.

These photos show my '07 GT with the Powermadd 2.5" Pivot riser. Still used stock cables, did the throttle reroute and used my factory pad. Works great! (I'm 6.2")

Good luck!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 278
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 294
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 253
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 256
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 258
No idea what the thumbnail for photo2 is, but if you click on it, you can see a close-up view of the pivot riser.

I have one on the Apex and one on the Phazer. Cheap too!

RxThunder said:
My 06 Apex Gt has the stock riser on it, I have a friend with what I believe is the mountain riser on an Apex GT, it looks the same just taller, who may want to down size. Has anyone done this switch? Can you run all the same cables/wires while jumping up to the taller riser? The other sled has hand warmer issues and I have rewired mine and they work great so I would only want to swap risers.

I have two brand new, never used Apex MTX throttle cables. PM me if you need one.

Lake effect make a very high quality product I forget I even have it on except when i get on a staock sled and wonder why im uncomfortable.

I'm 6'4" and added a 3.5" rox riser to my 07 rtx with the stock throttle cable rerouted under the bars with no tors problem at all with a total of 9.5" rise from the steering post base to the center of bar mount in the rox riser. The 1.5" handle bar off set is moot as I have them rolled ahead for a more comfortable standing position. Without them being rolled ahead I'm almost certain that you would set off tors control. Bottom line is I'm sure you will be ok with a stock mountain riser as it will not gain you this much hieght.

I'm 6'5 added 2 inch rox riser to stock rtx. Rolled bars forward slightly and it's perfect. Any taller and it sucks sitting down and you want a little bend to your knees and back. Feet in the "stirrups" so to speak.

thor452 said:
Lake effect make a very high quality product I forget I even have it on except when i get on a staock sled and wonder why im uncomfortable.

Absolutely agreed!

I went 8" over stock & am incredibly pleased! :Rockon:
Even at this height, you only have to change to a '04 RX-1 mountain throttle cable. (Must be an '04 to add length, have no idea why)
The wiring, brake line etc, simply re-route slightly & it all worked great. ;)!

Superman's Lake Effect Riser is the ONLY riser I have ever had that would not move around under aggressive riding.
Am "Super" Happy! lol

Rock :-o

RXthunder, Stock is like 6 inches, I purchased a MTN riser( 8 inches) and it was an easy switch over no extensions needed. Only thing to watch for is the tors adjustment re route under and it is fine!(Test buy running sled in skid and turning the bars each way)Looks stock but does the trick. I am only 6 ft tall and with minor handlebar adjustment works perfect for me. I run a mid height windshield and now the handlebars go just over too allow better slow turning. Good luck ;)! :rocks:

I have a set of RoX 4-6 adjustable risers and pivot bar for an Apex if your interested.

Tom

Yes you can run a Apex mtn. riser. I had one on my 07 Apex GT and now my 2012 Apex xtx. Works great looks stock. I did take off the cable guide but have all stock cables. You will need the 4 longer mtn apex bolts as well.

One of summer projects is to install 7" riser on my 06 Apex. Have the riser, what is the bolt length I need to buy--8 inch ?????
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
It's 8mm x 200 mm 1.25 pitch stainless steel. no that's not correct have add for bar.
Will get back with you

Last edited:

Back