• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

This is getting old.

Joe ltx-le

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx-dx
Belt # 5 down.

I'm at the end of my rope. Every belt is going differently. 2 have exploded ( 8dn!). 2 have snapped in half and one was caught coming apart.
What am I doing wrong? I've checked the offset. It is in spec, at the limit but in. New rollers , spring jacked to 6-1 but blew belts at 3-3 also.

I'm seriously thinking of trading for an apex. At least I can go and not worry about these damn belts.

That really sucks. I would be pissed too. What does the dealer say? How many miles are you getting on each?

It's hard to say how many miles on each. The sled has 4000 on it.

Just when I think I got it figured out. Ka boom.

Do you "break-in" your belts?

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk

It's that all your dealer looked at, the offset?

What about your primary? ...could be broken spring, worn bushings & sliders. How about chaincase tension and oil level? Jackshaft and driveshaft bearings? Poor drive line efficiency creates heat in the clutches, causing a burnt belt.

I think the fix & final conclusion will be at years end after much testing. I personally talked to multiple tuners & they are working on it. There is a dealer or shop in Maine that claims to be able to have fix for this. Trying to get his name & number now & the people's names that he fixed their clutches.

It's that all your dealer looked at, the offset?

What about your primary? ...could be broken spring, worn bushings & sliders. How about chaincase tension and oil level? Jackshaft and driveshaft bearings? Poor drive line efficiency creates heat in the clutches, causing a burnt belt.
I've checked the springs. All good. The primary shows a bit of bind ( small rub on spring). Chain case is in the middle on sight glass and I've checked the tension.
Bearings look good.

I'll be hounding the dealer once the snow melts.

I've checked the springs. All good. The primary shows a bit of bind ( small rub on spring). Chain case is in the middle on sight glass and I've checked the tension.
Bearings look good.

I'll be hounding the dealer once the snow melts.
Do it NOW while you can test it. A clutch swap takes 5 minutes. Don't forget clutches are not a normal warranty item after 90 days?

Do it NOW while you can test it. A clutch swap takes 5 minutes. Don't forget clutches are not a normal warranty item after 90 days?
Ya I know. It's crazy. I'm guessing I'll be stuck out in the "cold" on this one.
Its a frustrating issue.

Back