• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder Products (Big Venom Viper kit) with Heavy Hitters

Add more weight to middle and see what happens. I was banging off limiter also today an added weight to middle an end amd now only once i think it hit after that. I hav k@n intake and exhaust an custom pc5 map. Middle is 3/8 steel with one skiny washer an end is 7/16 steel with 2 skinny washers. Pulls hard now im guna leav it.

Great! I'll switch my middle and try 3/8 Steel and/or thin washer with it. That should do the trick! Thanks!

I changed the Blue Secondary Spring out for the new Orange Spring. I was running at 9050 RPM with the Blue secondary, so pretty spot on. Now with the Orange I am banging off the Rev Limiter. I then put some TP 14.8 primary rollers in to see if that would bring my RPM's down a bit. Still banging off the Rev Limiter. When I go wide open throttle I feel it misfire and it brings my RPM's quickly down to 8500 or so but then quickly rise back up and misfire again. Do I add more weight to middle or the tip? My current set up is: 1" Allen in Heel, 3/8 Aluminum with 1 thin washer in Middle, and 7/16 Steel with 1 thick washer and 1 thin washer in Tip.

I have airbox, header, and can mods.

Make sure that orange secondary spring is wrapped at 3-3. Wrapping 6-1 will increase rpms. You might even try 3-2. I don’t like to adjust rpms with helix wrap but the orange spring is stiffer than the midnight blue and requires less wrap to achieve the same force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed the Blue Secondary Spring out for the new Orange Spring. I was running at 9050 RPM with the Blue secondary, so pretty spot on. Now with the Orange I am banging off the Rev Limiter. I then put some TP 14.8 primary rollers in to see if that would bring my RPM's down a bit. Still banging off the Rev Limiter. When I go wide open throttle I feel it misfire and it brings my RPM's quickly down to 8500 or so but then quickly rise back up and misfire again. Do I add more weight to middle or the tip? My current set up is: 1" Allen in Heel, 3/8 Aluminum with 1 thin washer in Middle, and 7/16 Steel with 1 thick washer and 1 thin washer in Tip.

I have airbox, header, and can mods.

Anxious to see what the RPM gain was with this spring. Are the conditions set up decent that you are hooking up with what little snow we have?

Make sure that orange secondary spring is wrapped at 3-3. Wrapping 6-1 will increase rpms. You might even try 3-2. I don’t like to adjust rpms with helix wrap but the orange spring is stiffer than the midnight blue and requires less wrap to achieve the same force.

I had the Blue wrapped at 6-1 and I had asked Nos Pros prior to installing the Orange spring as to what I should wrap it at. He gave me the great advice to wrap it at 3-3. Just that alone increased my RPM's by over 200+ with the Orange spring. Man, wrapping the spring to 3-3 and trying to put the helix on without having somebody to help and hold the secondary sheave from spinning was a bitch! I did eventually get it though.

I thought the 14.8 rollers would have dropped my RPM's a bit, but hard to tell as I am still hard on the rev limiter.

I had the Blue wrapped at 6-1 and I had asked Nos Pros prior to installing the Orange spring as to what I should wrap it at. He gave me the great advice to wrap it at 3-3. Just that alone increased my RPM's by over 200+ with the Orange spring. Man, wrapping the spring to 3-3 and trying to put the helix on without having somebody to help and hold the secondary sheave from spinning was a bitch! I did eventually get it though.

I thought the 14.8 rollers would have dropped my RPM's a bit, but hard to tell as I am still hard on the rev limiter.

Add some weight in the mid. Change aluminum to steel 3/8 like mentioned above.

Anxious to see what the RPM gain was with this spring. Are the conditions set up decent that you are hooking up with what little snow we have?

I'm seeing over 200+ RPM. Hard to tell how much gain though as I'm hitting the rev limiter hard. I had Blue wrapped at 6-1 and installed Orange at 3-3.

I was hooking up good on both the long straights on trails and on the lakes as well, even thought their isn't a lot of snow up here. Even if I'm cruising at 6,600 RPM and I nail it, within a second or two I am banging on the limiter. Not sure if I can add any more weight to the tip, so may need to try adding to the middle.

I'm seeing over 200+ RPM. Hard to tell how much gain though as I'm hitting the rev limiter hard. I had Blue wrapped at 6-1 and installed Orange at 3-3.

I was hooking up good on both the long straights on trails and on the lakes as well, even thought their isn't a lot of snow up here. Even if I'm cruising at 6,600 RPM and I nail it, within a second or two I am banging on the limiter. Not sure if I can add any more weight to the tip, so may need to try adding to the middle.

God to know. I've had issues getting enough RPM so maybe the orange spring will help. Are you still running the OE primary spring? Also which belt?

A Gates belt may help drop the RPM for you.

God to know. I've had issues getting enough RPM so maybe the orange spring will help. Are you still running the OE primary spring? Also which belt?

A Gates belt may help drop the RPM for you.

I ended up replacing the 3/8 aluminum bolt in the middle hole with a 3/8 Steel bolt, which added 1.7 grams to my setup. At initial run on the lake with some ice and little snow, I hit the Rev Limiter a couple of times. Once I got onto some harder packed trails where I could get some pretty good pulls in at full throttle, my RPM's were pretty consistent at 9040. Think I am set now with the new Orange Spring. Man, this thing pulls hard!

My setup right now:
Primary: OYO, with 2 or 3 glide washers
Helix: 46/40
Secondary: TP Orange

TP Weights:
1" Allen in Heel
3/8" Steel with 1 thin washer in Middle
7/16 Steel with 1 thick washer and 1 thin washer in Tip

Gates Carbon Belt: 8DN length

I ended up replacing the 3/8 aluminum bolt in the middle hole with a 3/8 Steel bolt, which added 1.7 grams to my setup. At initial run on the lake with some ice and little snow, I hit the Rev Limiter a couple of times. Once I got onto some harder packed trails where I could get some pretty good pulls in at full throttle, my RPM's were pretty consistent at 9040. Think I am set now with the new Orange Spring. Man, this thing pulls hard!

My setup right now:

TP Weights:
1" Allen in Heel

I have the same setup but differnt primary spring . How come you changed to oyo spring . Any differnce compared to the one in kit . Thanks

My setup right now:

TP Weights:
1" Allen in Heel

Awesome bud!!!

I have the same setup but differnt primary spring . How come you changed to oyo spring . Any differnce compared to the one in kit . Thanks

I was running the OYO spring with a different clutch kit before I went with TP. I never changed it out as I really liked the spring and the lower engagement and high finishing rate. I can't remember if TP uses just the stock primary spring or not with the kit. Right now I have my setup up just the way I like it as it pulls so damn hard and have it dialed to just where I like it.

How much is the TP Orange spring effecting top end speed? I was always told that more torsion and side pressure on a Viper secondary kills top end speed. Seems that the orange spring is a huge difference from the TP Blue. So what is the performance benefits of the TP Blue over the stock Pink if the Orange is now the best spring.

I was running the OYO spring with a different clutch kit before I went with TP. I never changed it out as I really liked the spring and the lower engagement and high finishing rate. I can't remember if TP uses just the stock primary spring or not with the kit. Right now I have my setup up just the way I like it as it pulls so damn hard and have it dialed to just where I like it.
What’s all done to yours . On mine I have spi header and sandale muffler with free airbox mod . You have exhaust mods on yours . Thanks

What is the rate of the OYO?

Back