• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tune differences

Well said..
there’s so many variables to fuel mileage but I don’t understand why guys say that they ride fast and now with a tune get way better mileage than stock.. what is fast to them ??

Fast is passing all sleds (mostly Polaris and Doo two-strokes, some NA four strokes) on the trail like they are in reverse, maybe cruising at 90-100 and leaving your riding group in the dust or sweating to keep up. And having the two-stroke or NA guys complain they can’t keep up because they are running wide open to keep you in site and they ask you to slow down. You might only think you’re riding briskly….

Either way, big tunes give big fuel mileage figures because RPM stays down cruising and it’s in higher gear quicker. You are clutched for 300 HP not 200 hence better mileage. If you can keep the throttle in check the mileage will be substantially better.

Agree. Big tunes make more horsepower at lower throttle openings so for a given trail speed, the throttle is not open as far to maintain the same speed as with stock tune. Lower throttle openings yield lower fuel consumption (usually) given the clutching is right.

If i am a fallower i am always cheaper on fuel then my buddies stock winder or 850 Polaris. If i lead we are close to even. Running MS17, studded, storm 1.5 track.

Congratulations.... That's a huge increase. Which hp tune are you running?
240ss with pm, 3 bar and bov.

I typically averaged about 10mpg based on how "I" drive. At the last gas station fill up where I typically get gas I know I was about 5-7 bucks lower than I normally get. So that was my estimate.

240ss with pm, 3 bar and bov.

I typically averaged about 10mpg based on how "I" drive. At the last gas station fill up where I typically get gas I know I was about 5-7 bucks lower than I normally get. So that was my estimate.
I forgot to mention. If you ever feel the muffler is too loud for you, you can get an interior layout of muffler, and make changes. Even as easy as add Fiberglass packing (which doesn't last forever).
Would need to be cut open and Tig welded back together.

Remember, The world is your Oyster.....

Last edited:
Ran 44 miles last night in all kinds of conditions, slow pace, high cruise, ditch running, breaking trail.

Used 3.39 gallons so damn close to 13mpg.

Ran 44 miles last night in all kinds of conditions, slow pace, high cruise, ditch running, breaking trail.

Used 3.39 gallons so damn close to 13mpg.
Up from 10mpg?!?! Or 10.9. lol. Either way...

So I'm pulling about 8500-8600 rpma on both 240 and 270 tunes. I have bikeman clutch weights and set them up for the 260 tune. I believe @Turboflash has d&d magnaforce weights and from I have read they are equivalent.

The only difference is that I'm running the stock cat spring (120-285) vs the bikeman brown (140-320). I've markered the primary and after running it hard I'm not seeing any line.

Should I go with the brown spring?

Attachments

• 16743523236882233662031519888864.jpg
    16743523236882233662031519888864.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 53
So I'm pulling about 8500-8600 rpma on both 240 and 270 tunes. I have bikeman clutch weights and set them up for the 260 tune. I believe @Turboflash has d&d magnaforce weights and from I have read they are equivalent.

The only difference is that I'm running the stock cat spring (120-285) vs the bikeman brown (140-320). I've markered the primary and after running it hard I'm not seeing any line.

Your spring being about 35lbs lighter on finish force is pulling your rpm down 200-300rpm. You can go to brown spring or remove a few grams of weight and get rpms. Personally id try 3/2/2/1 and see where you end up.

I have quick question I have precision stage 1 tune on my xf 9000turbo want to switch to hurricane tunes would thel ecu have tuned back to stock or would hurricane gap flasher just flash over the precision tune

I have quick question I have precision stage 1 tune on my xf 9000turbo want to switch to hurricane tunes would thel ecu have tuned back to stock or would hurricane gap flasher just flash over the precision tune
Should flash over, ive done td to hurricane and vice versa with no issues.

Which tune would you prefer for the most snap and throttle response between the 2
Hurricane super spool tunes have the edge over td maxspool series in overall response. Thats not to discredit the td maxspool series, those are a boat load of fun as well. Cant go wrong either way.

I think you should run it with the higher finish rate spring AND then try the other way >drop some weight in the primary with the lighter spring and see what you like better? Hardest thing for guys to do is drop weight from primary. Have to get them turning 9000 RPM one way or the other. IMO these things have a different sound and feel when you get them spinning 9000-9100.

Put the brown spring with a 325lb finish on it. Still can't get over 8500 on the 240 and 8700 on the 270.

Going to pull out one tip magnet. They are apparently 2.5grams. bikeman says on their 270 tune add a heel weight. Any idea why? I was thinking of pulling the tip weight and moving it to the heel.

I'm new to clutching but got the aaen bible this week.

Back