• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner Ski set up on '15 RTX LE 129"

yamahasrx27

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2002 Yamaha SRX 700
2015 Yamaha Viper RTX LE 129" Blue/Orange
What set up works the best for aggressive trail riding have 2 double backers per row up the center wondering what works best think I have 6" inside and 4" outside thinking of going more aggressive? What are best brand's for fit and wear? Thanks just bought the sled rode it around in loose snow it does seem to push carbides are wore down still there just not sharp thanks guys for any info

Must be a thread on here somewhere about this? Thinking of going with 6 or 8" on inside ski and probably 4" on outside? anyone try this setup? sled is new to me so I am clueless

Tuners are decent for trails that are hard and set up, but in loose snow you'll be chasing your tail if you think you will get it to turn without any push. The best way to get it it turn in soft snow is to go with after market skis. Curves seem to be the ski of choice so that's what I went with, can't wait to try them.

anybody using the tuners?
Seeing that your an aggressive rider and you want to keep the tuners try the stud boy shaper bars with the most carbide available. I run 7.5" inside and 6" outside and they seem pretty good for me. Yes in loose snow some bit is lost but still fairly easy to steer.

thanks for info where can you buy them online?

I run the 7.5" shaper bars on the outside and the 6" regular on the inside on my XTX. In loose snow you wil still have a slight push. the RTX is more nose heavy due to the coupled rear suspension. If you park your sled on the concrete floor and turn the bars you should notice the ski rolls onto the outside edge of the dual keel. Under hard turning the sled rolls putting even more pressure onto the outside keel. I tested both ways and found the shaper bar on the outside was way better.

The bars are available on Amazon and you can order lunch at the same time.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7u9sjtp6bh_e

Back