• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo or SC?? - Pros/Cons

2007 RTX Apex 1 year stock , 2 years SC @ 5 lbs. stock motor.The best ride ever , trail riding 3500 km + per season , only 5 lbs because we travel and can't always buy premium fuel .
Fast , fun , totally reliable.
228 km (130 mi) on fuel when trying to go that far , but 150 km (90 mi) when playing!
Best fix , I added rear fuel on the tunnel extention , ( sled is now 136 x 1.5 ) , 2 gal , Now 130mi pump to pump when having fun !
Extraverts ,rear cooler , a/f and boost gauge a must,

Does anyone know if anyone on TY has done pics during the install of an Impulse turbo? I have done a few search's only found a few pictures not in depth though. Kinda on the fence as well on what kit to go with. All my research has me leaning towards Impulse as far as reliable power and one of the most hp kits for pump gas on and off trail. Seems to be one of the more expensive kits but just wondering what the exhaust and seat and tank and all that looks fit and finish. But I am still on the ropes this thread has a lot of good info :rocks:

Thanks everyone for all the awesome info....I think i got everything figured out,just waiting for Welter(Brian) to get my suspension arms back to me so i can slap skid back together and get working on this SC project.

Can anyone tell me if they know where to get this Gauge bracket?...i sorta like this one as I have a MAP bag behind my shield which wont work with that pod SPEED is selling....also i want to be able to remove my headlight pod easily,do these gauges just have PLUGINS to unhook easy?

take alook at this.

thanks!
Dan

Attachments

• guage holder2.jpg
    guage holder2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 92
  • guage holder.jpg
    guage holder.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 74
That looks familiar. I didn't like the huge plastic housing or a bunch of bulky junk cluttering up a sled, so I build that gauge holder myself. Bolts behind the factory gauge, holds the 02 and boost gauge nicely.

As you know Dan, some of the best stuff just has to be hand built!

It also unplugs for easy removal, notice the plug in sitting right in front? Its a four wire trailer pigtail.

KnappAttack said:
That looks familiar. I didn't like the huge plastic housing or a bunch of bulky junk cluttering up a sled, so I build that gauge holder myself. Bolts behind the factory gauge, holds the 02 and boost gauge nicely.

As you know Dan, some of the best stuff just has to be hand built!

It also unplugs for easy removal, notice the plug in sitting right in front? Its a four wire trailer pigtail.

Nice work MIKE!....i saw that FLAT trailer plug,very easy to work with!...i do remove my light pod alot so this would be good idea.

OK,so mike you feel like making another gauge bracket like that????....shoot me a PM if you want to make another or sell that one if youre not using it anymore!...

it looks like another option would be to use a RISER mounted bracket ,which powderlites shows on their site....attaching a pic below of their brackets,looks like they can go behind stock gauge or on risers.....the bar riser mounted style would be easier to wire too,since it wouldnt have to be unhooked to remove light pod then....just not sure i like it as much,and would it get in the way of vision of the stock gauges?....take alook.

Dan

gauge22.jpg

I drilled and tapped the steering riser , both sides and used the vdo mounting caps , nice and tidy , do not have to remove , to do anything. Easy to see !

gsxr said:
I drilled and tapped the steering riser , both sides and used the vdo mounting caps , nice and tidy , do not have to remove , to do anything. Easy to see !

anychance you got a pic of that?..id like to see that...

Dan

after some calculating on the sled today i dont think the position of the bar riser mounted gauge bracket is what i want....IMO it blocks the stock gauge too much.

Ok so ill scrap my map bag holder and go with the BPE POD setup many of you are using....

so this is from Brothers performance,....Does Jim have a website selling the POD?

wont be long now!
Dan

kinger said:
I am salvating after seeing my dyno from Ulmer and just waiting on my first long hard pull! This year is going to be the best ever....unless I blow it up.

WHat did it make :Rockon:

Back