• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY MILEAGE - HONDO: CONTEST WINNER 06/07 SEASON: 9,380 MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob,
Are you planning on doing this again next year? I sure hope so.
Thanks for all the updates and the great photos this year.

Great job

Bob,

It's been great following your log. Hope you had fun doing it and will do it again next year. The season was definitely funky but overall not bad. My last ride was Saturday the 24th in a high elevation area of VT, it was sunny and warm, a good season ending ride of 80 miles. Still would like to make to N. Maine, maybe next year. Have a great summer. ;)!

Thanks Doug,

It depends if Mr Sled has the TY Mileage Fun Contest again next year.

After talking with the "Making Tracks" guys that just came back from Alaska, and finding out there was another sledder trailering his sled all over Alaska, and Canada, and riding just the good parts, has given me some ideas.

The sledder with the Doo, trailering his sled, is going for the Guinesss book of World Records, and finished with 10,700 miles. It took him two motors and a bunch of parts. LOL...

The "Making Tracks" guys rode all the way, and only used the Matane Ferry to cross the St Lawrence. The stories I heard these guy's tell were absolutely hair raising.

These guys did it the right way, they earned it. They faced adversity in very dangerous conditions.

However, they may not get credit for a world record, they truly deserve.

If they don't get the record, and this other guy with the Doo gets it. Next year we will just have to beat 10,700 miles.

Never-the-less, I enjoyed putting this together and am glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks again Doug! ;)!

Thanks Jeff,

I had a ball putting this together. Glad you enjoyed reading about Northern Maine, Quebec, and New Brunswick, Canada.

Just let me know if you have the urge to come up and visit next year. I think we could find a trail, or two to ride!

Thanks for the recognition. ;)!

Have a great summer as well Jeff.

Take care,

sorry that your sledding is done,but it looks like you had fun, a lot more miles then I'll get this year.

Have a good summer

Really liked your pics!!! :Rockon:

Thanks 151tf,

I did have a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed the photo's.

I may be visiting you next year around this time.

Have a great summer! ;)!

Take care,

Hondo, Sorry to see your riding has ended. Absolutely the best presentation I have seen. Lots of good pics and useful information. It's too bad you are so far away from Illinois. My RETIRED riding partner and I would love to do some riding out there. Have a wonderful summer. I am sure I'll be revisiting this thread for a little SNOW fix LOL.

Dave :pics: ;)!

Thanks Dave,

I'm glad you enjoyed the presentation, as I enjoyed the rides, coming home, and reflecting on how the day unfolded.

Provided Mr Sled decides to do this again next year, I hope there will be more snow across the snowbelt regions that will allow more of our members to participate.

I do realize it was a bad snow year, for so many.

If you ever do get a chance to come this way, just let me know.

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

Have a great summer. ;)!

This sign say's it all!

Most clubs up here are very proud, and passionate when it comes to grooming their trails.

Those that have ridden "The County" know what I'm talking about.

I need to recognize the "St Agatha, Red Arrows" and my club the "Sly Brook Sno-Riders" for providing such beautiful trails.

St Agatha, and Sly Brook were 100% all season long. Great job guy's!
Saysitall.jpg

Have a great summer! ;)!

great journey

Thanks for all the great pictures and the storys to go along with them.We will be back up again nest year year11 and maybe we can hook up and have you show us some new trails. Put 3000 miles on the apex this year but nothing like you have done.Again have a great summer and a good year. The guys from NY.

Hi Gary,

Altough brief, It was good to see you guys again. I'm glad you were able to talk to Danny.

Thanks for trusting me with your sled. I really like those Simmons ski's.

Next year shoot me a PM, and let me know when you'll be in the area.

We'll take a spin around the block. lol...

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Have a great summer! ;)!

I must say Bob u are right by far the trails are the best in that area and i will join Red arrow next year as i always do 2 a year.

This is my list of clubs who have the best trails no particular order cause they all are great Caribou,Red arrow,washburn,Frenchville,most of the time fort kent but when there is little snow and all the traffic that they get i understand the rough trails.I have seen u mention some of the above also so i am sure u agree. So caribou and red arrow are my choice next year atleast.All the clubs try hard but these particular go above and beyond from the start of the season IMO.Dave

Spot-on Dave,

The Clubs you mentioned have gone above, and beyond all season.

Caribou had a weenie roast / fund raiser one Saturday along the trail.

I stopped, and was introduced to a couple of the groomer drivers.

One gentleman was really neat to speak with.

During the low snow conditions he was explaining how frustrated he was trying to get the "suspension rolls" out of the rail bed.

I told him he was doing a fantastic job with such little snow to work with.

He was very appreciative of the positive comments. He was doing his best in really poor snow conditions.

That's all it took, and a thank you, for all the tireless hours towing the drag.

I was amazed how much pride this man took grooming his section of the rail bed.

It was a neat encounter. ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back