• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY MILEAGE - HONDO: CONTEST WINNER 06/07 SEASON: 9,380 MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks 08NitroRTX,

Thank you for the acknowlegement. I am glad you enjoyed the presentation.

Riding in Northern Maine, and Canada, it's easy to become spoiled riding on groomed trails, especially during the week. Yahoo...

Generally, RS Venture will average 17-21 mpg.

In high power demand situations (deep snow, high speed rail bed running) RS Venture at times can get less than the average. These situations are rare however.

Never-the-less I have fuel receipts that would choke a horse. LOL...

Whats interesting, when you think of fuel useage in terms; vis-a-vis mileage ridden; over 1,000 gallons of fuel have beened burned through the motor without one motor problem. ;)!

Good luck with your new Nytro, the motor should be sweet with FI.

Thanks again,

Thanks asphaltkitty,

I enjoyed the rides, and putting this project together.

Good luck with your summer racing program! ;)!

Bob,
Congradulations, you really did an awesome job. All of your write up and pictures were really something. You really made the County proud!!

What will next years look like?? I sure it will be even better.

Thanks

Bob I justed wanted to let you know we went to caribou 4-8-07 to 4-9-07 only did 300 miles in the day and a half ;)! Trails were groomed in madewaska and frenchville,caribou groomed the railbed. We saw 3 moose on 105 railbed laying in trail got some pics hopefully i can post soon.I heard fort kent groomed but didnt get up there. If they woulda groomed up there from houlton north there would be atleats 3 weeks of good rideing maybe the best all year.We broke alot of trail in knee high snow atleast it was awesome rideing the powder and floating over the snow. I cant go back this weekend but maybe the week after and it looks like they will get more snow.Wish they would groom 1 more time but the folks up there are done with winter.So thats my day and a half hope to post pics soon, Dave

Thanks RX1Maine,

I appreciate the kind words.

Thank you for your vote.

I'm happy to represent the North East, Northern Maine, and especially "The County" in this effort.

Don't quite know what next year will look like.

With the number of miles you normally ride, you need to get into the contest as well!

Thanks again for your support Doug.

Have a great summer! ;)!

Hi Dave,

Glad you could get in one more ride.

At the moment, I'm all tied up with business, so I'm unable to get out and ride.

It's amazing how you can never predict the weather.

Normally April 1st, everything shuts down for the season.

Off trail riding in the Allagash, is wide open. I remember two years ago we rode the Allagash well into April. That year April 21st, was my last ride.

Good to hear from you, and thanks for your support with the TY Mileage Fun Contest! ;)!

Me too I need 1 more but it dont look good I need to get my racecar ready for the season and am way behind.U are right u never can count on the weather.AU are welcome on my support and vote for th TY contest I hope u enjoyed the ride I know u did the presentation.U thave taken great pride in it>GREAT JOB CONGRATS!

contest

Hey Hondo what an incredibable seasons AWESOME!!! I live in southern Maine but have a place in Wallagrass on rte 11. Iam a member with slybrook and operate the groomer when I am up there. I talked with you briefly one day at lake road grocery when fueling up, we were in a hurry or would have talked more I have a custom Yellow with black and white decals like the 50th anniversary stuff from yamaha. I would love to hook up with you some time, I come up a lot and 4 wheel in the summer. Will have to get in touch. Thanks Bruce

Great job on winning the contest.I didnt figure anyone else would win.That venture has really been a great sled.Hope to see you next season. Gary

Thanks bluedevilblacky2k,

I remember meeting you at the store.

I enjoyed writing about the seasons adventures.

Shoot me a PM when you are going to come up, and we can do some riding.

Sly Brook does a great job grooming!

Thanks again Bruce for the acknowledgement, and have a great summer! ;)!

Thanks garyw,

I am really impressed with the motor, which is what we are all looking for.

I've got it set up where RS Venture is a pleasure to ride.

Overall it is a pretty remarkable sled.

Shoot me a PM when you are coming up.

Hopefully we will have a more "normal" snow fall year than last.

Have a great summer, and thanks again.

See you this coming season! ;)!

Thanks so much for your compliments GypsyRoots!

I enjoyed the rides, and also writing, and reflecting on the day's experience.

I know it was a bad snow year for you in Alaska, as well as for most in the snow belt regions.

Heck, when was the last time the Iditarod was shortened due to the lack of snow?

Wishing you a great summer, and a more normal snowfall next year. ;)!

Thanks hondo for sharing your riding experiences with us all. I hadn't read your post until today, now I've read it all. At the end of your season the places in your pics started to look familiar to me, LOL. Great review and pics, again thanks.

rxrider
Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back