• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer trail turbo secondary settings

Threeman03

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha sr viper ltx LE
what are the secondary spring settings for ulmers 2016 sr viper trail turbo clutch kit?

Last edited:

What is the difference. ? What will 6-2 do? Compared to 6-1?
Not sure really. I know that less spring tension will allow the secondary to open up faster. When the snow is soft And mushy 3-3 is a good setting as it allows it to shift out faster and help stop track spin.

This year and from MPI
Me too but that's why I'm
Asking . MPI is selling left last year kits.
Apparently this years kit has diff primary spring. Red one instead of ( orange pink orange ) and diff secondary settings. I'm trying to find out
What new secondary settings are for newer set up

Last edited:
Me too but that's why I'm
Asking . MPI is selling left last year kits.
Apparently this years kit has diff primary spring ( orange pink orange ) and diff secondary settings. I'm trying to find out
What new secondary settings are for newer set up
The orange pink orange will lower engagement rpm making it a smooth take off. The red primary is a bit jerky.

The orange pink orange will lower engagement rpm making it a smooth take off. The red primary is a bit jerky.
Yes I'm
Aware of that. That's why I ordered the orange pink orange spring. But I was wondering what the instructions were for the new set up. My instructions from last years that came with MPI clutch kit. Say 6-2. As well. I know they changed it. I was wondering what recommendation were

Yes I'm
Aware of that. That's why I ordered the orange pink orange spring. But I was wondering what the instructions were for the new set up. My instructions from last years that came with MPI clutch kit. Say 6-2. As well. I know they changed it. I was wondering what recommendation were
I would email Allan Ulmer. He created the kits and is fantastic. Will take him a few days to get back to you but he always does.

Mine is "new" and 6-1 is the recommended. No comment on the kit as no snow, just a few runs. Easy to try both if you have the white stuff.

ulmer told me 3-3 on mine. What kind of change would putting it at 6-1 do?

ulmer told me 3-3 on mine. What kind of change would putting it at 6-1 do?
Yeah my buddies is new and his was at 3-3 as well.that's what I don't understand why is there so many different settings?

Back