• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

* UPDATED *HELP..dealer says ECP kit won't work 03 rx-1

manitoba rx1

Extreme
So ya...I have such limited time to work on my sled I gave it to the dealer to solve the 1/2 throttle bog on my 03 RX-1 and they say they can't make these kits work, and going back to stock is the only way.

I installed the 2 k&n's, 170 jets, red slide springs and adjusted 2 turns from seat.

Any ideas on where to go next...they say they won't even sync the carbs because it won't help..I call BS...and I should make them do it anyway.

Any help out there?

worked on my 04 rx1 what is the difference.you should pm supertuner and talk to freddie .he knows his stuff really good.the kit rocks .

Your dealer is an idiot!

Guys on here have been using them for years on everything from a 03-05. Call Freddie (aka SUPERTUNER)

I know...seems pretty stupid to me, as it feels like something simple like out of sync, or hell it could even just be a boot that's out of place and not opening one carb....was too cold for me to look at it outside..so the dealer got it.

Yep, that work, and really well, just keep the filter away from snow.

170 is high, and where are you needle. I found that higher that 4, that give me some major bog down low.

Swiss Sledder said:
You should talk to the member lakercr as he lives in Winnipeg and knows these sleds inside and out. Too many guys have been using these kits without any problems so I believe your dealer gave you bad advice.

I actually pick the kit up fronm him...was RX1Fern's...I know the kit will work..I just need to know how to make it work.

manitoba rx1 said:
Swiss Sledder said:
You should talk to the member lakercr as he lives in Winnipeg and knows these sleds inside and out. Too many guys have been using these kits without any problems so I believe your dealer gave you bad advice.

I actually pick the kit up fronm him...was RX1Fern's...I know the kit will work..I just need to know how to make it work.
Call Jim and ask for some help. I'd be surprised if he turned you down.

I ran 165 mains, didn't play with the needle clip, synched the carbs and it ran great.

rxwonder said:
Your dealer is an idiot!

Guys on here have been using them for years on everything from a 03-05. Call Freddie (aka SUPERTUNER)

I am afraid that I will have to agree with rxwonder!

Wayyyy too many sold to not work absolutely, positively perfect! Why are you running 170 main jets? Are they genuine Mikuni jets? Synchronizing the carburetor's is of paramount importance! Find a different dealer that knows what the hell they are talking about.

If you need to call me my telephone number at ECP is (203)756-7019.

Freddie

SUPERTUNER said:
rxwonder said:
Your dealer is an idiot!

I am afraid that I will have to agree with rxwonder!

Wayyyy too many sold to not work absolutely, positively perfect! Why are you running 170 main jets? Are they genuine Mikuni jets? Synchronizing the carburetor's is of paramount importance! Find a different dealer that knows what the hell they are talking about.

If you need to call me my telephone number at ECP is (203)756-7019.

RX-1 Fern told me that 170's were a bit better suited to Manitoba as we have some pretty harsh cold weather here. I mean it was -30 the day I took it out first, and -34 that last time....so i figured he was headed in the right direction with a bit richer...but I will order some 165's right from Yammi.

I talked to the dealer this morning and they siad they would try and fix it....but they were talking about new piolt's and re-jetting every week-end as the temp changes, and really didn't sound confident that they could fix it. I told them #1 make sure the slide are OPENING #2 Sync the carbs, and make sure one of the little o-rings didn't move on me.

I will get this worked out..come hell or high water!!

Freddie

hello i ran the 170 jets on my sled last year with the kit you have and my sled worked fine.i was pulling on clutched apex by a few sled lenghts.the kit works you just have to set it up.you also have to synch the carbs big difference .just got to play with it .ask freddie he knows.

SO I picked the sled up today after the dealer sync'ed everything and made sure I didn't loose any o-rings, etc.....and they still can't get that bog out. It was out quite a bit for the sync, but after they looked at the plugs it was easy to see it's WAY to rich. I will try some 165's this week-end and hope for the best.

Now how does moving the needles work? Up=Lean and Down = Richer or what?

Thanks guys...we'll get this thing runnin again!!

I have seen those sleds with 165,s still being rich. 170 is monster rich & even 165,s is a little high.

Back