• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrading Bender stage 2 GT2554r to GT2560r front mounted

rxrider said:
I see you have different plates on top of the collector? Made for different types of turbos?

You're looking good, and it's still August :)

One is for my GT2560r and another is for my friends JDM.

Guy who welded those said that he would use Martelius Black satin coating. Black satin will harden on room temperature within 24 hours and gets full hardened when object heats up first time to 430C or 800F. It will last heat up to 1100C or 2000F.

It costs here in Finland about 50USD and can is enough for 2 headers.

Black headers.... cool :)

Some progress...

Coating headers and turbo housings with black satin. Long time for me when I have painted before this. Wasn´t bad at all.

After coated parts were dryed 24h we heated them a littlebit with torch. Martelius black satin manual says that object will reach its full harden when heated first time to 430C. Our sleds won´t be ready tomorrow so we decided to add some heat with torch.

Our garage/workshop tool-corner

Sleds.. 2 is missing.

Mocking up.

Cool, great work jaba

Thanks TT and rxrider.

We cutted some pieces off from rev seat and Yamaha tank cowling and I will take some photos tomorrow.

edit: by the way rxrider... could you move this topic under the "4 stroke sled garage" thread? I think that this kind of customising should be found from there. Or something like that :rocks:

New track arrived ... Camoplast Challenger Extreme 154", with 2,5" lugs :-o

Pitch is 2,86" so I have to use Ski-Doo 7-tooth no-slip drivers. I am looking forward to see how those small drivers works with boosted Yami torque and hp´s.

Ski-Doo rear heat exchanger... LOL i am turning my sled to SD with seat, tank, heat exchanger, no-slips etc etc... :jump:

Charge tube...

Oil return

I think that heat won´t be problem after proper heat shields.

Like a glove...

Have to do something?

Custom kit and custom heatshield. Not pretty but adequate?

Powder intake-kit (home made :jump: ) through the hood.

Back