• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Using my Phazer MTX 2013

Regarding the shocks, is there any way you can find out the weight of each? Personally, I would lean towards the Float as it doesn't have the 'extra' weight of the external spring, but it's hard to say for sure without knowing what each of them weigh. If they are similar in performance and price, I would probably go with whichever one would bring more weight savings to the sled.
I don't know if Fox have any shocks for the track suspension.
Engans have all the four shocks for Phazer MTX.

Took the Phazer out for a spin today. It runs really nice. I guess I have to increase the weight on to the skis to get the wife happy.
The Phazer runs nice, but it's nothing compared with my Nytro :) The suspension on the Nytro is made out of pure gold. Eats every bump.

This sled will act more as a trail runner now than before. Yesterday I moved the limiter strap from hole no. 3 to no. 4 and adjusted the spring preload in the front shocks.
Hopefully I have now gained some more weight on the skis and by that lost the under steering in lower speeds.

It worked out fine with my work on the suspension. Maybe I can increase the preload on the front skid suspension a little bit.

Well i just joined your club. We just bought two more Nytros for me and my son so my phazer is going to the wife. Ill let you know any adjustments i make once we get snow.

I dont have a suana here, but i do have a hot tub! ;)

What shock option is there out there for the Phazer MTX? I think I want some more adjusting in my shocks than just spring pretension. I want to change all four shocks on the sled and don't know what I want, or what I can have really.

Om vi tar det på svenska, jag vet inte men jag gissar att man bör kunna använda de överblivna Nytro xtx-dämparna som ligger hos handlarna runt om i Sverige (som bytte mot Öhlinare). Om man jämför slaglängd och infästningar så ser det ut att passa. Jag har dock inte undersökt saken närmare. Vad tror du? Om det fungerar är jag jävligt på. Ut i garaget och mät.

Om vi tar det på svenska, jag vet inte men jag gissar att man bör kunna använda de överblivna Nytro xtx-dämparna som ligger hos handlarna runt om i Sverige (som bytte mot Öhlinare). Om man jämför slaglängd och infästningar så ser det ut att passa. Jag har dock inte undersökt saken närmare. Vad tror du? Om det fungerar är jag jävligt på. Ut i garaget och mät.

I checked the measurements according to Engans for both Phazer MTX and Nytro. And this is for the ski shocks.
Phazer: Open: 411 mm, Closed: 291 mm
Nytro: Open: 444 mm, Closed: 276 mm

Seems that Nytro has more travel. I don't know how that will effect the ride. Any one that can give some input?

Still comparing Engans suspension here. But I guess they have made a typo in there comparison chart.
According to the list this is the spec for the Phazer MTX front skid shock: Open 335 mm, closed 326 mm. 9 mm of travel seem a bit little. I guess it should say 236 mm closed. And if so, the Nytro is 10 mm short. According to their list it's open, 325 mm and closed, 235 mm.
And the rear skid shock is also too short for the Phazer.
Nytro. Open: 428 mm, closed: 280 mm.
Phazer. Open: 436 mm, closed: 287 mm.

No luck with the skid then.

Art nr D971-850-22-102
Lenght: max 419mm, min 297mm
Fits:
2008-2010 FX Nytro MTX

That's rather close to the Phazer MTX suspension measurement.

Went out for a ride today. My wifes first real ride on her new sled. She rolled it after 2 km. No damaged done except a dirty air box. My question is if the OFT roll over valve tether for the Nytro will fit the Phazer.
But she got better and better at riding the sled, so I think she'll enjoy it.

Då tar vi en till på svenska. Bakre dämparen från Nytro xtx passar utan modifieringar och fungerar perfekt! Mkt nöjd själv med detta byte. / M

the front shocks on nytro 2014 are 2 cm longer than on apex xtx 2011.and the apex shocks are 2cm longer than the 2011 phazer mtx.

Back