• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper actuator grinding when going from reverse to foward..and when i turn off sled

bot

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 viper long track
Stoped for fuel yesterday put sled in reverse when i went to put back in foward her grind from actuator...got home pulled in to shop shut sled off and grinded again.. time for a new actuator??? I have vidios of it ...but it wont let me upload them..says file to large...only 10 sec vid tho‍♂️

Yep time for a new actuator.

Yours sounds like this, right?

You could re-clock the gears too like this.

Here's another to show what's going on in there.

After re-clocking my nylon gear, it lasted another season. Then stripped again.
The new update reverse actuator uses a metal gear.
Bought the updated one and no more problems.

Yuuuup ..thats what shes doing.. mines gotta be running then shut off.. but same thing... i ll order the new steel gear one.. re clockin it would be good in a pinch..but i can have a new one by thursday.. so better just put the metal gear one in... thxs frozentoes

Yuuuup ..thats what shes doing.. mines gotta be running then shut off.. but same thing... i ll order the new steel gear one.. re clockin it would be good in a pinch..but i can have a new one by thursday.. so better just put the metal gear one in... thxs frozentoes
Out of curiousity where are you getting the metal gear from? thanks

Yamaha...and u can t just get gear u gotta buy hole.new actuator.. just spent 3 hrs driving ...1.5 hrs each way...and 240 bucks for the new actuator with metal gear...thank the lord i had dealer hold me one...cause they sold 2 OTHERS TODAY! ASWELL ..and i had the last one on hold ‍♂️♂️♂️..i tore it right apaart in front of them to make sure gear was metal..

Origanals were...the new ones have metal or steel gear..i d show u my old one and my new one...but for some reason my pics wont upload

Just makes sure if u goin to buy a new one...u pop the round cover off and make sure gears are metal not plastic

Does anyone have the part# for the new reverse actuator with the metal gear in it?

Grinding can also be from the shift fork pads being broken. Eventually it wont even go into forward.

Mine started grinding last season at 5,000km.
I re-clocked the plastic gear, and it was a very easy fix.
Should able to re-clock it again when needed.
I would suggest giving it a try.

Back