• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

viper belt

tony lawhead

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper
what belt # is everyone finding working the best??? stock viper or harder apex? thanks guy's

I've been running gates 40C4340 belt this season. Over 1500 miles so far and pulls hard, better then my 8jp or 8dn.

i love my gates carbon belt too

These are Gates carbon fiber belts

If your keeping the 8DN equivalent length....use the 40C4340.
I had my clutches machined to use the 8DN belt so I use this one on my sled 2014 viper LTX

If you want to run the 8JP equivalent.....use the 40C4313
My father in-law uses this one on his sled 2016 Viper LTX
Both sleds have the same mods and run Identical top speeds. I even took the washers out of my secondary and switched to the shorter belt on my sled to test and see if my top speed would change, and it was the same as the longer belt.

I use the 8dn belt and put 9000 km before replacing it.

The gate's is also nice to get your rpm's down by 200-300 when you start modding, keeps you off the rev limiter.

I've ran the 8Jp, 8DN, and the Gates 40C4340. They all worked good for me. Just required some minor clutch tweaking based on length & hardness.
Currently running the Gates. It's a few mm longer then the 8JP and a few mm shorter then the 8DN, and a smidge wider. It seems like a good fit for performance and top end speed.
Currently have about 1000 miles on it and it is holding up well.

I've ran the 8Jp, 8DN, and the Gates 40C4340. They all worked good for me. Just required some minor clutch tweaking based on length & hardness.
Currently running the Gates. It's a few mm longer then the 8JP and a few mm shorter then the 8DN, and a smidge wider. It seems like a good fit for performance and top end speed.
Currently have about 1000 miles on it and it is holding up well.
I just installed my gates belt( 8dn) very little Kms but seems to grab harder then 8dn 8jp haven't ran wot yet

I am looking to replace my belt as well. This a bone stock motor no upgrades. What belt do you recommend. Thanks in advance (2015)

I replaced my belt mid season last year with the Artic Cat belt....man was that thing expensive. Will a non Cat belt make a big difference in performance and if so at what cost

Back