• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Chain Tensioner Spring

murdered141

Snow Punisher
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
2019 sidewinder xtx le, sleeping for now
Anyone have a pic of the correct placement of the chain tensioner spring, during my recent skid, track and driver change (my ltx is slowly turning into an mtx 141") I decided to do new bearings and seals, clutch side too while I had everything apart, while taping the upper chain case bearing, the tensioner popped out, I have a good idea how it's to be positioned but just want to make sure.

Contact Cannondale (Steve), he would know for sure.
I'll call him after work, you and Steve have been great with helping me out.
Just like my turbo install, I'm glad I tackled it myself, it's a good way of familiarizing myself with my sled and if something should ever go wrong I'll have a good idea what to look for, thanks again

I'll call him after work, you and Steve have been great with helping me out.
Just like my turbo install, I'm glad I tackled it myself, it's a good way of familiarizing myself with my sled and if something should ever go wrong I'll have a good idea what to look for, thanks again

Right on!! and it fun to learn then you can pass on that help to others :)

Yup, I'll post a pic later on, had to pull all gear's and chains to position it properly but going back together now, you know what they say, it's goes back together easier the 2nd time around
:o|

This help?

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    558.8 KB · Views: 194
IMG_20180913_102656954-1202x2137.jpg
IMG_20180913_102551901-2137x1202.jpg

These should be self explanatory if anyone's been inside their chain case.

I don’t have any from that angle...

IMG_20180913_144308904-2137x1202.jpg
I don’t have any from that angle...
No problem, I was pointing out in those pics that that's the correct way it's supposed to be in, I'm all done with that, now time to replace my handle bar grip heater's and mount my mountain addiction tunnel gear bag.

I gotta say I wasn't to inspired when my sled looked like this
IMG_20180830_095151847-2137x1202.jpg

Back