• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Ltx studs and skid plate

Viper S

VIP Member
Looking for advice for light studding of the Ltx Le I got this Spring. Also may do a rear skid plate. Advice on both would be appreciated!
Thanks!

I did two studs per bar on a doubler just for security on icy trails. Works real good and not to aggressive. I did my apex like that and put 10000 miles on it with no issues
IMG_20170120_1435065.jpg

Last edited:
I did two studs per bar on a doubler just for security on icy trails. Works real good and not to aggressive. I did my apex like that and put 10000 miles on it with no issuesView attachment 129546
I am thinking either like yours or 4 doubles every other bar. Had them like that on a 2010 Vector Ltx I had, worked good. Is that pic on a Viper? If so, I added rear outside idlers on mine too!

I am thinking either like yours or 4 doubles every other bar. Had them like that on a 2010 Vector Ltx I had, worked good. Is that pic on a Viper? If so, I added rear outside idlers on mine too!
Yes! 16 ltx le, my buddy had two doubles every second on his apex and it had a wierd harmonic imbalance compared to my apex at the time.

Yes! 16 ltx le, my buddy had two doubles every second on his apex and it had a wierd harmonic imbalance compared to my apex at the time.
My last Ltx had the two singles every bar, standard V pattern worked fine. Never had any strange sounds on any pattern though!

I think it helps to keep it balanced by putting the same number of studs in each bar and not skip a bar.

Oh ya! I have the blue rear skid plate. Saved me couple time I know off, I did the mod this year where you cut out the filter access panel so I don't have to remove the whole plate. It's worth the money in my opinion!

Back