• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Carbide length is everyone running??

SRX Boy

Expert
I have a LTX-LE, 137" with 144 studs up the middle. Got 250kms on it and trying to figure out the right carbide length/set up for trail riding. Have stock skis and thinking of going 6" on outside and leaving 4" that came with it on the inside. Anyone have some real life experience in this department??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My dealer talked me into changing mine before I even took it out of the shop... Says the stock ones are useless . I put stud boy 4" on Inside and 6" on outside ... I know Yamaha says opposite but it seems to get a good bite in the corners. I like it so far but only have have 150 miles which a lot was wooded windy trails

The stock junk they come with will be very lucky to last to the 500 mile service.

I probably ride some the same trails as you, and I'm running 6" and 6". Ran it on my Viper and was happy.

A little bit of push in the corners, but I don't mind that.

A quick "blip" of the throttle, or a squeeze of the brake fixes it right up.

I have 6" and 6" as well. Have almost 400 miles on now and am quite happy. Lack of ski lift is my issue right now. Changed seeing on rear transfer block to #1 and shaved 2mm off to see if that's better than the #3 setting.

DnD just suggested and have had good feedback on 6" shaper bars on inside and 4" regular bars on outside and it's a much better improvement over stock, going to try it out but will wind up with curve's at the end of all this....

My real life experience was throw the tuners in the garbage and pick a nice single keel skis. This chassis was built on to run single keels skis. Curve XS, CA or even stock cat skis will show a tremendous improvement in consistency.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Anyone have a part # for the stud boys shaper bars 6"?? My parts dept says they won't fit the tunners. Is there a special one for the tunners or just order standard ones?? They say only woody s are for the tuners.

Anyone have a part # for the stud boys shaper bars 6"?? My parts dept says they won't fit the tunners. Is there a special one for the tunners or just order standard ones?? They say only woody s are for the tuners.
Here u go, I just installed a set of shapers my self, this part # is for the tuner II but they fit the tuner III's no problem at all.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 192
I run dual executive 8inch, I guess I like the tail end a little loose. Point where your going and squeeze the throttle.

I have a LTX-LE, 137" with 144 studs up the middle. Got 250kms on it and trying to figure out the right carbide length/set up for trail riding. Have stock skis and thinking of going 6" on outside and leaving 4" that came with it on the inside. Anyone have some real life experience in this department??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i have the stock ski also

i have put the 6 inch (square) on the inside and the original 4 inch in the outside

so far i like this formula, expecially since i have ajusted the limited strap

Here u go, I just installed a set of shapers my self, this part # is for the tuner II but they fit the tuner III's no problem at all.
Are u in the states ? My dealer can't get that part # ??

i have the stock ski also

i have put the 6 inch (square) on the inside and the original 4 inch in the outside

so far i like this formula, expecially since i have ajusted the limited strap
Which direction did you go with the limiter strap? Let it out more or suck it down more?

Back