• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What center shock spring would you reccomend?

AXR

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Current: 2017 SideWinder L-TX LE

Past: 2015 Sr Viper R-TX SE, 2008 Apex RTX, 2002 Sx Viper, 1997 XTC 600, 1991 Doo Formula Plus.
Hello all,

I noticed yesterday that on my center Qs3 shock the spring had no tension on it and when I tool it back to the dealer (it had to go back for something else) I had them check it and it looks like the top spring of the dual rate combo was broke in 1/2. They are trying to get Yamaha to cover it under warranty but also informed me that the spring is back ordered like everything else..... So I am looking for a quick replacement/better option.

What do you think would be a better choice for me the Zbros or Stingray Mod's (Bill's spring)?

My weight geared up is estimated at being about 250-260. I am thinking that Bill's may not be enough and that I should look at getting the Zbros rider weight 240#+ one?

Any info you can provide would be great. Thanks!

2017 LTX-LE

Hello all,

I noticed yesterday that on my center Qs3 shock the spring had no tension on it and when I tool it back to the dealer (it had to go back for something else) I had them check it and it looks like the top spring of the dual rate combo was broke in 1/2. They are trying to get Yamaha to cover it under warranty but also informed me that the spring is back ordered like everything else..... So I am looking for a quick replacement/better option.

What do you think would be a better choice for me the Zbros or Stingray Mod's (Bill's spring)?

My weight geared up is estimated at being about 250-260. I am thinking that Bill's may not be enough and that I should look at getting the Zbros rider weight 240#+ one?

Any info you can provide would be great. Thanks!

2017 LTX-LE
Cannondale on this site will be able to help you with some advice.. He is "UP" riding so give him some time to respond..

Reactions: AXR
Cat 2704-229 160/260 is working great for me this year.I am 250 suited up. Less bottoming and more transfer with great handling. Just don’t preload it too much. I am at 3 turns from snug. Shout out to Cannondale also for revalving and refreshing my rear shocks. The sled has much more bottom resistance with a nice smooth ride.

I got the 160 spring from cannondale and it wasn’t enough so I went to a 180 and that did the trick. I weigh 300

Reactions: AXR
Thanks everyone.

I got the 160 spring from cannondale and it wasn’t enough so I went to a 180 and that did the trick. I weigh 300
Rtbo, Where did you get the 180?

-Thanks

Alright. I sent Cannondale a message. Thanks again everyone

Last edited:
My 17 did the same thing last year and did the Stingray. Worked perfect
What is stock strength and what is the Stingray ?
So the stiffer center spring stops bottoming ?
And helps transfer weight ?

Cat 2704-229 160/260 is working great for me this year.I am 250 suited up. Less bottoming and more transfer with great handling. Just don’t preload it too much. I am at 3 turns from snug. Shout out to Cannondale also for revalving and refreshing my rear shocks. The sled has much more bottom resistance with a nice smooth ride.
I'm running this cat spring also. Big difference over the stock centre spring IMO.

That part number doesn’t show weight????which model looked like from a 600 but no weight shown

That part number doesn’t show weight????which model looked like from a 600 but no weight shown
7D96AB71-6C01-4AF8-BB3A-4593BDE92C60.png

Back