• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your opinion on yamaha's step?

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
Now that we have the viper to slowly replace the Nytro IMO. What do you think will be next? Do you see them sticking with the same chasis platform, and just using different motors, kind of like Ski doo, or Arctic cat? If so which do you see a phaser, a mountain sled, or an apex replacement next? I'm guessing phaser, then mountain, then apex, then vector myself. I hope to soon see some new higher horsepower, and maybe a yamaha original chasis for the apex, or vector replacement. The cat suspension is pretty darn good I hear, but it has been out for a while for them. So a new ride of our own that is up to par with our competition that will not seem dated in three years would sound better to me, no matter how good the viper platform is. Any ideas, any rumors etc?
Can't wait to see what we get to replace my old apex, and my boosted nytro.

Il second that, so we can forget this year stabbing in the back!

I like what they have going with cat...it's a great chassis and suspension ,,I think cat is putting the phaser engine in this chassis ,,,,they haven't came out with anything new in 10 years what makes you think they will now....they put a buzz in the snowmobile world
I'm love in this partnership ..... ;)!
I say keep going forward with it ;)!

I would really like to see a buyout since AC does have alot to offer and it definitely did hurt my Yamaha pride. What will they do next depends alot on how the Viper works out and the conditions in Japan. I think the Fukishima disaster is going to have some very serious consequences for everything made in Japan and maybe just maybe we here will see sleds made in USA. True Yamaha sleds.
By that I mean the beautiful Yamaha castings and electronics utilized throughout the engines and chassis of a 2 cylinder boxer engine with a turbo and ZPS suspension.

09nytro said:
I like what they have going with cat...it's a great chassis and suspension ,,I think cat is putting the phaser engine in this chassis ,,,,they haven't came out with anything new in 10 years what makes you think they will now....they put a buzz in the snowmobile world
I'm love in this partnership ..... ;)!
I say keep going forward with it ;)!

Ya I hear the same thing about the next sled coming out also. Which is nice to gain young market share and all, but most want a 165-185hp true yamaha with an option for a light weight mountain version. That would make a splash!

The snowmobile market has such a small $$$ amount to be made in the whole big picture that I could see Yamaha suppling engines to Cat and being happy with that. Lets face it, this powersport segment is small and a huge headache. Sledding is one of the best 'drugs' I can find, but cost and lack of snow sure makes it though to stay on board.

dilligaf said:
The snowmobile market has such a small $$$ amount to be made in the whole big picture that I could see Yamaha suppling engines to Cat and being happy with that. Lets face it, this powersport segment is small and a huge headache. Sledding is one of the best 'drugs' I can find, but cost and lack of snow sure makes it though to stay on board.
;)!

Wasn't there some talk of chassis consolidation? I think they have too many now to support and develop.

However, I do think they need a mountain specific platform. They would really have to bring something special to the table for it though. Having a 4 stroke up front is a weight penalty no matter what you do when competing with the 800 2 smokes. I rode with a cat turbo in the mountains last year and it was a bear to ride by the end of the day too.

I just wish if yamaha goes back to their own chassis they beef up the front end biggie fry style. I'm not a fan of that cat chassis.

Back