• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wheelies

yamakazie

Pro
This may be a silly question but here goes.
Does the XTX wheelie as good as the shortie?
Thanks for the feedback, thought I'd start a less serious thread.

Its all about the set up. You can make either a wheelie monster or push the weight up front and make it turn. Your choice.

So whats the wheelie set-up for an XTX? Mine won't wheelie at all. Not complaining at all I'm just interested how I can get mine to do a power wheelie if I want to.

nytro addict said:
So whats the wheelie set-up for an XTX? Mine won't wheelie at all. Not complaining at all I'm just interested how I can get mine to do a power wheelie if I want to.

Your rear torsion springs are likely too stiff. With the stock setting my XTX would lift the skis. The direct adjustment to weight transfer is the control rods, but it becomes a sum of all adjustments.

I would first make sure your set in is set right on the rear skid. Ohlins recomends 17 mm showing on the control rods while sitting on the sled. A good way to measure this is to use a zip tie on the control rod. The easiest adjustment and most direct adjustment for this is the torsion spring adjusters.

If you want max transfer let the control rods all the way out. tighten the preload on the center shock and take all the compression off the rear shock...this is for max... This will likely make your sled handle poor but you will lift the skis. I would look more for a balanced approach and think it is important to get the ride height right before adjusting anything else. I have my control rods all the way in (least transfer) and I still lift the skis.

Just put your babe on the back and wack the throttle. It will hold front end in air forever. No adjustment needed. ;)! ;)!

My XtX is still in stock factory set-up and it wheelies like no other sled I've owned before. I have to say that I am Very pleased with the factory settings and I am actually afraid to start messing with it. I am about 200lbs. with gear on and it puts a smile on my face every ride!

Thanks for the feedback. My fellow riders with their Doo's mess with me and pull wheelies while they are blowing by me. Just wanted to make sure my next ride will do the same.

Your springs control the ride height they do help putting them on soft but then you bottom out.Like said above remove your block's that contol's your weight transfer.

LeeKo said:
nytro addict said:

Your rear torsion springs are likely too stiff. With the stock setting my XTX would lift the skis. The direct adjustment to weight transfer is the control rods, but it becomes a sum of all adjustments.

I would first make sure your set in is set right on the rear skid. Ohlins recomends 17 mm showing on the control rods while sitting on the sled. A good way to measure this is to use a zip tie on the control rod. The easiest adjustment and most direct adjustment for this is the torsion spring adjusters.

If you want max transfer let the control rods all the way out. tighten the preload on the center shock and take all the compression off the rear shock...this is for max... This will likely make your sled handle poor but you will lift the skis. I would look more for a balanced approach and think it is important to get the ride height right before adjusting anything else. I have my control rods all the way in (least transfer) and I still lift the skis.
well said leeko

YamaMTX said:
Do you guys have any pictures of the blocks removed? Will it wear on other parts then? Thanks

I don't have any pictures, and I just put the sled away. But all it does it let the rear suspension arm move back a little further, giving you lots of weight transfer. I don't think it will wear anything out, or hurt anything...until you ride a wheelie into a tree, That will hurt something.

Back